User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion stove range cleaning - need help!

I am on my maiden voyage in my 2019 Grand Design Imagine Trailer and the inevitable has happened - I've spilled chili down underneath the burner cover of my stove. I cannot seem to find anything in any of the owners manuals or anywhere online on how to get the burner cover up so I can clean underneath. I have the Furrion 3-burner range.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Would love some help! Thanks in advance, friends!

Sarah

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerstirregular View Post
    I am on my maiden voyage in my 2019 Grand Design Imagine Trailer and the inevitable has happened - I've spilled chili down underneath the burner cover of my stove. I cannot seem to find anything in any of the owners manuals or anywhere online on how to get the burner cover up so I can clean underneath. I have the Furrion 3-burner range.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Would love some help! Thanks in advance, friends!

Sarah
    Sarah, Sorry no one with a Furrion has responded here. I looked up images of a 3 burner online, to see if it was anything like our Suburban. The Furrion I’m assuming you have is the one where the burners are located in a triangular aspect, one front, two back (the alternative was 3 straight across the middle-that one had no openings I could see for a possible spill to go below the surface). Anyway, you might try disassembly first at the back where the louvres are. If you see no evidence of holes for fasteners (screws), you might try gently prying with a screwdriver or chisel, covered with a cloth to prevent scratches. The top is probably held on with attached clips.
    You definitely want a look under there. We never spilled anything messy, so I never bothered for a couple seasons. When I did finally look, in the process of a seasonal clean, I found condensation or steam had corroded the lower surface somewhat. Scrubbed it up and applied some wax to slow down the corrosion.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nancy! I do have the triangular arrangement of burners. I'll give your suggestion a try - I think I am going to have to pry it up with a screwdriver. Curse my sloppy stirring, but good to know I'd have needed to look under there at some point anyway.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raise the rear of the top part first, the front has tabs that slide out to remove the top on ours.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Raise the rear of the top part first, the front has tabs that slide out to remove the top on ours.
    Doug, Glad you chimed in because I think the Suburban was just the opposite. Trailer is not here for me to see it.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 315RLTS Reflection and DougW9876 was correct. Lift at the back of the stove by the grating stove top come out for cleaning
    Gary and Nita
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    Auto Level Suspension,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gyoung360 View Post
    We have a 2019 315RLTS Reflection and DougW9876 was correct. Lift at the back of the stove by the grating stove top come out for cleaning
    I rather imagine the stove is clean by now. This thread was started 3 years ago.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)