User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 303rls tires

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    I had no idea what temps "should be" when we stopped. I use and infrared gun and look for temp consistency between all four wheels/tires. I have noticed my curb side run about 2 or 3 degrees lower than my street side.
    The street side of your 303 is about 800 lbs heavier than the curb side. This could be the temperature difference that you are seeing. But, often, it is the “sunny” side vs the “shady” side that makes the temperature difference.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2018 303 last June. Ran with the Westlakes over the summer and put on a couple thousand miles. We headed south for the winter to Arizona and decided to change them to Goodyear Endurance before the trip last November. I have TPMS with temperature monitoring. The Goodyear tires have half the temperature increases on the freeway at 65 mph vs. the Westlakes. Happy with the Goodyear tires so far after about 5000 miles.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, I have been thinking about upgrading my 2016 303 TIRES . From looking at the forum I guess it would be best to go to the 16" wheels and Goodyear endurance. I do have the 2" upgrade to my frame so hope things will work. Any suggestions on where to purchase the tires? I would like to have the tires mounted and balanced before I install them. Also are there some guides as to the proper wheel and tire size? I am running 15" e rated tires. I guess it would be good to get with e rated tires but 16" endurance. Appreciate any help. I do see some info on the forum but sometimes scattered when looking for size guidance.
    Last edited by duke13; 03-29-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my 16" Westlakes on Day 1 of owning my trailer.

Side by side my new Bridgestone Duravis R250's, a first class LT/E ribbed tire, the Westlakes are very, very lightweight and the sidewalls are not at all "beefy." The $600 difference in cost (after selling the Westlakes on Craigslist) was well worth spending.

I'd hate to think how lightweight the 15" Westlakes are. Replace'em.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Hi Guys, I have been thinking about upgrading my 2016 303 TIRES . From looking at the forum I guess it would be best to go to the 16" wheels and Goodyear endurance. I do have the 2" upgrade to my frame so hope things will work. Any suggestions on where to purchase the tires? I would like to have the tires mounted and balanced before I install them. Also are there some guides as to the proper wheel and tire size? I am running 15" e rated tires. I guess it would be good to get with e rated tires but 16" endurance. Appreciate any help. I do see some info on the forum but sometimes scattered when looking for size guidance.
    There are a few of us who have changed from 15" to 16". Some of us added the 2" spacing and others like you have it from the factory I suspect. This provides the necessary clearance.

The Endurance has been a popular choice and so far they seem to be doing well as anticipated. Tire size most often done is ST235/80-16. Below is the link to the GY Endurance page for this tire. You can obviously buy them from Goodyear stores or online I suspect and through the many various tires stores, E-Trailer, Amazon, etc.

https://www.goodyearautoservice.com/...ires/endurance

As a side note, we ran our "D" rated 15" Westlakes for nearly 5 seasons W/O any issues. Yes, early build 303s built in 2013 and maybe early 2014 had "D" rated tires until the changeover to "E" rated 15" tires and then to 16" "E" rated tires in 2017 as I recall. Diligent monitoring of condition, pressure, avoiding impacts (potholes/curbs,etc.) staying w/i speed ratings, etc. serves folks well.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-30-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Not a fan! This tire was still fully inflated after throwing the cap and doing the damage. I wonder if etrailer will start handling the GY Endurance soon?

Jim
    That 's what mine did in the middle of nowhere Texas in Jan. 2018. The original tires on the 2015 303 had 15,500 mi. on them. I had planned to replace them after that trip, so obviously that was the wrong decision. I got lucky and the damage was minimal so I limped into San Angelo and replaced all the Westlakes with Goodyear Endurance.
    Up to that point the Westlakes looked fine, were wearing evenly and showed nothing to cause concern. That's what bugs me the most. They just throw the tread with no prior warning and damage the trailer while still holding air.
    The Goodyears are at about 7000 mi. now with no problems..... but that story is still being written. We'll see!
    Ron & Nancy Ward
    2001 Dodge 2500/ 2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I should do something before our next trip. I really want to avoid a blowout if possible. I had one on my previous trailer and they are no fun. I probably should at least go to 16". This would give me a wider selection. I have been thinking of going to a truck tire until hearing about the good year endurance. Decisions - decisions !
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I should do something before our next trip. I really want to avoid a blowout if possible. I had one on my previous trailer and they are no fun. I probably should at least go to 16". This would give me a wider selection. I have been thinking of going to a truck tire until hearing about the good year endurance. Decisions - decisions !
    Hi duke13,

Don't get spooked by ay all the "anti-Westlake" perspectives. Most current production 5th and TTs from any manufacturer are travelling on Westlake tires. We covered 3 years and thousands of miles on our original 15" Westlakes on our 303 without any problems. Changed to Maxxis based on tire age (GY Endurance were not available yet). Even the tire guy asked "why are you doing this?" when he looked at the perfect inside-and-out removed Westlakes. Lots of threads on this and lots of different perspectives.

My perspective . . . keep your 15" wheels and change to either Maxxis or Endurance tires if you are really uncomfortable with the Westlakes.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123