User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Jamey - Thanks again for posting that link. It's on my list to accomplish some day.

Jim
    We will be in AZ (Quartzite) for most of Jan 2020.
    Get your materials list together.
    PS: I like Sam Adams Boston Lager.[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just retired for a week! LOL getting ready to move up and over to Florida NY for a 6 mos workamping gig. Weather has been down right frigid still here in the Pocono area. Will probably just redo per the Nautilis PDF that was sent out. Since i have the new panel i can rebuild at my leisure and swap. I have a pan behind the panel that i attached an overflow hose outside till i can get to it. I have to make sure everything is ready for our travels 1st.....will take pics when i start. If i can i will at least start by end of week.....leaving friday though.....thanks for the ideas. hard to do fancy when full timing.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have redone most of mine. I still have a few pieces of flex hose to replace, but I have 90% of it converted to PEX or at least the appropriate barb fittings with hose clamps. I went with the plastic manifolds, and it did simplify it quite a bit. This photo is before I reran the waste dump lines, and does not show the pressure tank which I mounted off to the side. Its also before I ran the pump lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-03-25 at 5.57.14 PM.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	18728

Definitely won't win me Robs award for neatness, but I am confident it won't have the dreaded rubber hose problem.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done with the Panel. Not really that hard but took my time. The pdf was great to work with.

A couple of observations:
    1. measurements on each connection point are not 100% accurate. what i did was go a little longer and did a dry fit with all the fittings to make sure there is no binding on any side of the connections. when they are good i then clamp.

2. the hot connection is a little tight to the next fitting. i had to slightly bend the longer connection so it would not be causing any stress on the next connection or "T" fitting. It will make sense when you do it.

3. The cold was a little more involved. I just went by process of elimination on which length of Pex to put where. IE: 4 points of connection to the panel and 4 Pex cuts the same size. The other lines will actually go under the Cold lines.

Next will be tackling the outside......will probable go Pex all the way from the Hot water side to the panel, but will probably end up using the Pex to barb connections to eliminate the other soft hose and pex fitting issues.

Name:	Nautilus rebuild set up.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	19026

Name:	Nautilus rebuild pdf.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	19027

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild5.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	19028

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild7.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	19029
    Showing how panel is marked

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	19030
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of finished shots different angles......not sure why the above pic are sideways?

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	19031

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	19032

Name:	Nautilus P1 rebuild4.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	19033

took a couple hours but i was taking my time, ate a little lunch etc. Took almost half of that just setting up and cleaning up....so not bad....just looks like it! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

Looks Great ! Very much like how I approached my panel rebuild. Sure makes the Kantleak plumbing look simple compared to what you are working with.

WRT sideways pictures . . . I find that if I put them on my desktop, open them, make a small adjustment (like a minor diagonal resize) and re-save them . . . they stay upright when uploaded to the forum site.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post
    When we got our 2016 ST369RL almost 4 years ago we almost immediately had two Kan_Leak valve failures. After several conversations with GD they were more than helpful and even offered to ship me a new Nautilus P1 assembly that could be exchanged for the Kan_Leak assembly. So, before I committed to that I dug in and started doing some research. The more I learned about the 5 functions that a water system on and RV is supposed to be able to perform and analyzing the complexity of both the Kan_Leak and Nautilus P1 systems, I called GD and said, thanks, but no thanks. The Natilus P1 is just too complex for the simple tasks that it is called upon to perform. There are too many opportunities for leaks and failures, it is just not robust.
    I engineered and installed an entirely new water system. Being an engineer, I took the route to look for the best and least complex solution that was user friendly, the least likely to leak, and easy to operate and understand by just about anyone. Thus, I "invented" the Matheny System. I set out by using parts and components that were readily available off the shelf that were not unique or special so if I did have issues down the road it would be maintainable. One other objective was to remove all of the TS-25 flexible blue hose and replace it with PEX to ensure the system was leak free.

I get your fascination with the "manifold" approach. But, I will say that an RV water system is more simple than that and installing a manifold will require the addition of many feet of PEX to get from the manifold to the user points which will also require dropping the Coroplast belly sheet to gain access to the belly space to add the extra PEX. And as Rob said, it will not do anything to replace the Nautilus P1 assembly. A distribution manifold only is used for getting water to go where it's supposed to go AFTER you select where is coming from and how it going to be propelled (pump or hose).

I have added photos to this post and here is a link to my Google Drive Folder that has just about everything anyone would ever need to duplicate what I have done. So far, I know of two other GD design owners that have done this too and they confirm it is a good system.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...UZLdTNFWk8xV0E

This is how I would teach someone how to use my "manifold valve" setup. 1st I would ask them "where is the water coming from, tank or hose?" If from the hose then open the bottom left valve. If from the tank then open the bottom right valve. 2nd I would ask them, "where do you want the water to go, pump or fixtures? If to the pump, then open the top left valve. If directly to the fixtures, then open the top right valve. If after they determine where the water comes from and where it is going to, and have adjusted valves, I would say that if a top valve that is open is on the opposite side of the bottom valve that is open then open the crossover middle valve too. That's all there is to it.

I have been using this for 3 years and it is pretty much bullet-proof from failures and it really is simple to use.

One of the two "mods" I added was the addition of a 2nd water filter housing. This 2nd filter ensures that water is filtered right before it goes to the fixtures. (see schematic) I found that water from the fresh water tank had a "plastic"odor to it. This 2nd filter does the trick to remove any odors. When I am hooked up to a hose supply, the the water gets filters twice before delivery to the fixtures and it protects the next mod, a water softener.
    The other mod I did was to add a fully automatic water softener just like what would be in a sticks and bricks house, only it's smaller. Having soft water has been great to eliminate water spots and "crud" that built up around fixtures and soap and shampoo actually foam up now.

I approached GD to ask them if they wanted to commercialize this, but since it was "home-made" they said no. They wanted something that was already commercialized and that is why they use the Nautilus P1 today.
    Outstanding post--I put a copy in the Reference Library. If you want the title different let me know and I'll change it.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Outstanding post--I put a copy in the Reference Library. If you want the title different let me know and I'll change it.

-Howard
    Hi Howard,

This is a good addition to the Library. Once it is there, the Library thread should be closed and discussion directed back to the original thread (or a new one in an appropriate discussion section). This keeps the Library posts easy to find. Same as I did for Jamey’s propane testing post. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...e-System-Tests

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Howard,

This is a good addition to the Library. Once it is there, the Library thread should be closed and discussion directed back to the original thread (or a new one in an appropriate discussion section). This keeps the Library posts easy to find. Same as I did for Jamey’s propane testing post. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...e-System-Tests

Rob
    Got 'er done!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post

I have added photos to this post and here is a link to my Google Drive Folder that has just about everything anyone would ever need to duplicate what I have done. So far, I know of two other GD design owners that have done this too and they confirm it is a good system.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...UZLdTNFWk8xV0E
    Thank you for sharing this write up. Between your system and clear description of how you built it and replaced the Pex, and Rob's description of his replacement, we have excellent information about our plumbing systems and what can be done to prevent failure and leaks.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast