Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum Owners

Hello everyone,

My name is Dom and my wife’s name is Tina. We upgraded from a 27’ bumper pull forest river bunkhouse to a Momentum 381M in November 18. I am a retired US Navy Chief and am currently self employed as a construction inspector. My wife is retired from Disneyland resorts. I have to say that I am very impressed with our 381M, as I really did not like the idea of a toy hauler. But upon seeing this one, my view changed. We haul around our RZR 1000 XP4 for playing out on the trails, sand, and rocks. We pull this rig with a 2017 F350 diesel dually. Plenty of power to pull our rig loaded with full water tanks and fuel tanks. Though, some grades slow us down to about 55mph. I am looking forward to working my way through all the different forums/topics and learning new/different things about our rig and fellow owners.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60E7A105-7CDB-43DA-BC8E-992B1BC8C64B.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	18481 That was our old set up

Name:	24367053-6EF5-4CB8-948B-43A097A1E4A9.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	18482 Our new setup, enjoying Thanksgiving at Sand Hallow state park in Utah.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Chief and Tina. Enjoy that new rig.

Jim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dom,
    First let me thank you for your service (my son is a Chief also). Great combo! I'm looking to have a similar setup. Congratulations and I hope you will make many fond memories and good adventures!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats on the new Momentum. Quite a big jump from a TT.
    Be safe and enjoy , and thanks for your service as well.

I also moved your thread to the "New Members Introduction".

Brian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TsMaster, looks great! I’m trying to do the same move in RV’s. Congrats and enjoy!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsmaster View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Dom and my wife’s name is Tina. We upgraded from a 27’ bumper pull forest river bunkhouse to a Momentum 381M in November 18. I am a retired US Navy Chief and am currently self employed as a construction inspector. My wife is retired from Disneyland resorts. I have to say that I am very impressed with our 381M, as I really did not like the idea of a toy hauler. But upon seeing this one, my view changed. We haul around our RZR 1000 XP4 for playing out on the trails, sand, and rocks. We pull this rig with a 2017 F350 diesel dually. Plenty of power to pull our rig loaded with full water tanks and fuel tanks. Though, some grades slow us down to about 55mph. I am looking forward to working my way through all the different forums/topics and learning new/different things about our rig and fellow owners.

Name:	60E7A105-7CDB-43DA-BC8E-992B1BC8C64B.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	18481 That was our old set up

Name:	24367053-6EF5-4CB8-948B-43A097A1E4A9.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	18482 Our new setup, enjoying Thanksgiving at Sand Hallow state park in Utah.
    All I have to say is you have fantastic taste (see my sig pic!) when it comes to choosing a tow vehicle.

Seriously, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll consider becoming a site sponsor--keeps the ads off so we can enjoy this forum without all the pop ups.

Any questions, let us know!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jim. We are enjoying it as much as we can.

Dom

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Dom,
    First let me thank you for your service (my son is a Chief also). Great combo! I'm looking to have a similar setup. Congratulations and I hope you will make many fond memories and good adventures!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Thank you. Also a thank you to your son, my fellow Brother (though I have never met him, as a fellow Chief I will call him my Brother any day of the week). I am curious what his rate is. I retired as an ENC. Wife, kids, and myself are enjoying making as many memories as we can with our new rig.

Dom

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    All I have to say is you have fantastic taste (see my sig pic!) when it comes to choosing a tow vehicle.

Seriously, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll consider becoming a site sponsor--keeps the ads off so we can enjoy this forum without all the pop ups.

Any questions, let us know!

-Howard

Howard,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I really enjoy my tow vehicle, though I didn’t buy to high up on the trim packages. I opted for the six package, max tow package, and 5th wheel prep package.

Dom

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dom,
    He is a QM stationed in Pearl Harbour currently on the USS Michael Murphy. He's my hunting buddy but we haven't been able to go for 6-7 years. My family gets a bit nervous about me going out alone now that I'm getting a little long in the tooth

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast