User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hit a deer two years ago pulling our camper. First time I have hit one. It was 10 minutes outside of the campground on a 3 hour drive home. I saw it come out of the woods and had enough time to hit the brakes and say a choice word before the thud. Thankfully I was between two 25 MPH curves and only going 45-50. Crazy enough, other than a small dent in the fender and the headlight was out you couldn't tell it hit anything. The insurance company didn't even believe it from the pictures. Brand new truck with under 4k miles on it. We were able to keep driving after I made sure everything was good. Not so much for the deer.

Some lady was nice enough to stop and rather than making sure we were OK needed to inform me that the deer was still moving a little and needed to be put down.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Hit bambie this morning riding to work on my Harley in the dark of the morning - 6:15 a.m.. That will get your day going. But the OP did say large animals. Many of our Hill Country deer would not meet that criteria. Thankfully, this morning's bambie did not. Driving in our area you become conditioned not to swerve, but slow, brake or power on. My pickup has a heavy duty Ranch Hand Grill Guard (we call them deer guards). Wife's TV, an expedition does not. Wish it did, but none of the quality grille guards we have found work with front sensors.
    I have a Ranch Hand on my 1996 and 2018 Dodge Ram trucks. The one on the 2018 is equipped for the front sensors, although I did not order the truck with the "park assist".
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12