User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing Solitude 310GK

Hello, My husband and I are in the process of getting set up to go full time and are getting ready to buy a truck. We know we are most likely going to purchase the grand solitude 301GK and are wondering if anyone out there is pulling this with a one ton SRW. We keep going back to the Dually but if we can do the mountains with a SRW we might consider it. If anyone has advice it would be much appreciated. Curt and Charlene

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Hello, My husband and I are in the process of getting set up to go full time and are getting ready to buy a truck. We know we are most likely going to purchase the grand solitude 301GK and are wondering if anyone out there is pulling this with a one ton SRW. We keep going back to the Dually but if we can do the mountains with a SRW we might consider it. If anyone has advice it would be much appreciated. Curt and Charlene
    First, welcome to the forum. Yes, I pull our 310-GK with an F-350 SRW. See my configuration in my signature. Lots of discussion about weight and pulling/handling. Search (the box in the upper right corner above the "advance search" button. Enter 310GK and hit the magnifying glass. Lots of good information. One thread is
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...994#post221994 . Some of the specifics for my setup are in post #9 . One thing I will add if you are looking at a Solitude (or Momentum or other heavy trailer) and towing in the mountains the diesel is a great engine AND one of its best features is the exhaust brake. I live and tow in the Rocky Mountains. Often times I hardly touch the service brakes until I am completely down a pass. Keeps the service brakes cool for emergencies. Feel free to ask questions here.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-20-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you loaded it light you will be ok for SRW but if you want a washer and dryer and full timing I would recommend a DRW truck I loaded mine for 30 days and was within 200 pounds of my axle rating and way over my GVWR of my truck and the 310GK wasn't max out on its GVWR.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Chris. Thanks for the great info. I noticed you live in Fort Collins. That is funny because we just got into Loveland late last night to check out some tucks in the area. We also just needed an excuse to get out of the snow and cold of Minnesota!!!

Charlene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input. We are definitely concerned about the weight because of going fulltime and I do want a washer and dryer. ☺

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Chris. Thanks for the great info. I noticed you live in Fort Collins. That is funny because we just got into Loveland late last night to check out some tucks in the area. We also just needed an excuse to get out of the snow and cold of Minnesota!!!

Charlene

Hello Charlene. I just sent you a PM.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling my 2018 310GK with a 2017 GMC 3500HD, SRW, 3.73 rear, short bed. Absolutely no problems pulling or stopping and no problems making tight turns forward or backward. I have a B&W companion turnover ball hitch. I've had it skiing all winter up and down through many mountain passes and never had an issue. So much snow in the RV park I needed 4x4 low to get out but still not a big deal with that Duramax/Allison combo.
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last post was from my IPad and hard to find a link and post it but here is the link to our CAT scale weight with 1374 loaded aboard. A second weight at 14,500, I was very close to axle weights and to close for comfort to tire ratings and way over the GVWR of the truck. The washer and dryer would have pushed me over.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ighlight=310GK

Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow our 310-GK with an F450. Never have to worry about weight. Figured more power and capacity the better. Bought used and put the $$ into upgrading it, like Titan tank so we can go about 600 miles without stopping for gas.
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450