Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New member - 2014 Black Widow Silverado and a 2670MK

Greetings, everyone.

My dog and I are preparing for a full time RV life, spending an average of 3-6 weeks in each location we choose to see, driving no more than 1 day between stops of at least a week, and driving no more than 8 hours in that day. We are planning one-year long trips, starting in January and starting and ending each trip in Bradenton, Florida. We are both eager to get started.

I have a 2014 Black Widow Silverado 1500 Z71, V-Tec 5.3L, 3.42 rear, with a somewhat vague “tow package”. GVW is 7200, Max trailer is 9600, GCWR is 15000. I plan to add some sort of WDH to this.

I hope to pull an Imagine 2670MK.

Does anyone have any input on this truck/trailer combination? Am I safe to assume my truck is adequate for the job?

Thank you!

Steve, 57 year old Floridian
    Arreux, 16 month old Australian Shepard

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post to the "New Members Introduction" section.
    As far as towing with your truck you will need to know the load capacity, this is a yellow sticker on the door post of the drivers door. This will tell you how much weight your truck can haul. Most times this does not include fuel. So from that weight number you will subtract you, and any gear or others , dog, that you have in the truck prior to towing. What is left you can use for the hitch and tongue weight of the trailer.

Brian