User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need power! Help!!

So we are new to the fifth wheel gig, we have always had class A/class C plus!
    Do you all keep RV plugged in during storage?
    We just got it out for the first time and we don’t have anything but 120 at our hous(we store at a facility with 50amp) husband did not leave plugged In while stored And I have no power.. I have a generator also but it won’t start!
    Any suggestions to getting enough power to get slides out? Also the generator any suggestions for that?
    Waving the 🏳️🏳️ as obviously I missed something in wall through and manuals... any help?
    I did plug into the house about an hour ago, but read that could be 8 hours before we have power.. 😩😩

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lweander View Post
    So we are new to the fifth wheel gig, we have always had class A/class C plus!
    Do you all keep RV plugged in during storage?
    We just got it out for the first time and we don’t have anything but 120 at our hous(we store at a facility with 50amp) husband did not leave plugged In while stored And I have no power.. I have a generator also but it won’t start!
    Any suggestions to getting enough power to get slides out? Also the generator any suggestions for that?
    Waving the [emoji2524][emoji2524] as obviously I missed something in wall through and manuals... any help?
    I did plug into the house about an hour ago, but read that could be 8 hours before we have power.. [emoji30][emoji30]
    Plugged in to 110, if your converter is working you should have power to run your jacks, slides, etc. Nothing needs to be "charged" as long as you're connected to shore power.

Is there power to anything? If the microwave or fireplace lights up, you have 110 into the trailer. If any interior lights works, then the 110 is getting converted to 12V DC (or your battery is working).

If something's not working, then it's time to start checking breakers and fuses. Not all of which are in the breaker box.

Dave

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is the trouble-shooting section from the WFCO manual. WFCO is your converter that provides charging current. Also note, that the trouble-shooting guide fails to mention checking the reverse polarity fuses on the converter itself. They are located on your converter as shown in the diagram below.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 03-21-2019 at 11:34 AM.