Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member and New RV'er.

Hello Everyone;

After two years in the making [planning], my wife and I have finally begun to make this really happen. We have accomplished the tow vehicle, and just recently became the proud owner of a document; it says I will own a Solitude 310GK as soon as the factory builds it.

Our plans are for a gradual transition from the working world to something more fun.... seeing the country and taking our hotel room with us. Visiting friends and relatives that we never had the time to get to. Enjoying our time, getting to know each other before we get too old to not remember. While I don't envision us being full timers, I could see us eventually get to 4 or 5 months a year out and about. Who knows, at this point the task is to get started.

I have been lurking on this site for over a year learning from those more experienced. It has proven to be a great resource and I hope I will be able to contribute to it. This is my first post, and a test of the system.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of friendly and helpful people here. Your first post test worked great!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Sounds like y'all jumped in with both feet. I'm sure y'all will be happy with your decision on the 310.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. There is plenty of good information on this forum. One thing you will want to do is find a good Pre delivery inspection (PDI) checklist to use when you pick up your unit. I believe if you do a search on this forum you will find some checklists to consider. Doing a thorough PDI will enable you to get any issues/potential issues taken care of quickly before they become an issue for you out on the road. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the fourm congrats from Wv
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome aboard. Plenty of helpful folks here to answer any questions.
    You will have a really nice set up when you get it all together.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats enjoy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto your story Rob+Kath. New tow vehicle, almost new 5er. Rather than a condo in Florida, We thought we might go see some of this great country. Good luck with your adventure.
    Chuck & Trish

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob and Kathy, Congratulations! That sounds like a nice set up. As RVRunners said, go to your PDI with a good checklist. There are a few in our “Referance Library” section. You may need to be a “site sponsor” to get to that section though. For $12 a year, it keeps our site ad free. Well worth the money to get all the knowledge this site has to offer. Great group of people.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome from No. Illinois.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast