User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. Sounds like we have a lot of similarities, newly retired and new owners of an rv (imagine 2600rb).
    Looking forward to exploring this great land. May your travels be blessed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    Hello Everyone;

After two years in the making [planning], my wife and I have finally begun to make this really happen. We have accomplished the tow vehicle, and just recently became the proud owner of a document; it says I will own a Solitude 310GK as soon as the factory builds it.

Our plans are for a gradual transition from the working world to something more fun.... seeing the country and taking our hotel room with us. Visiting friends and relatives that we never had the time to get to. Enjoying our time, getting to know each other before we get too old to not remember. While I don't envision us being full timers, I could see us eventually get to 4 or 5 months a year out and about. Who knows, at this point the task is to get started.

I have been lurking on this site for over a year learning from those more experienced. It has proven to be a great resource and I hope I will be able to contribute to it. This is my first post, and a test of the system.
    Glad you introduced yourself, Rob & Kath(y). I hope you'll consider becoming a site sponsor--easily the best ROI for any RV related expenditure IMHO.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. As several have suggested, I will be splurging on the site sponsorship.
    The PDI is my next project. I'll be starting with those on this site.
    The hardest part is going to be dealing with the heavy workload while that awsome 5th wheel is screaming my name. Not quite able to start the retirement yet. Planning a summer of mods and local test runs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    Hello Everyone;

After two years in the making [planning], my wife and I have finally begun to make this really happen. We have accomplished the tow vehicle, and just recently became the proud owner of a document; it says I will own a Solitude 310GK as soon as the factory builds it.

Our plans are for a gradual transition from the working world to something more fun.... seeing the country and taking our hotel room with us. Visiting friends and relatives that we never had the time to get to. Enjoying our time, getting to know each other before we get too old to not remember. While I don't envision us being full timers, I could see us eventually get to 4 or 5 months a year out and about. Who knows, at this point the task is to get started.

I have been lurking on this site for over a year learning from those more experienced. It has proven to be a great resource and I hope I will be able to contribute to it. This is my first post, and a test of the system.
    Looking back I laugh at our PDI. I spoke with our salesman and told him I was showing up with a check list. My PDI checklist was 11 pages and it took 8 hours. We went from tent camping to 5th wheel. The dealer was great and 8 hours later we went through everything.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up the new 310GK

Well, the day finally came and we picked up the new unit on Monday. Delivery went well with only two issues so far.
    In the morning we had an 'orientation' that was about 3.5 hours. The wife and I did an additional 2 hours of inspections inside and out. As some of those on this forum have said, the PDI was not as difficult as I had thought. I drew the line between inspecting and limited operation testing vs full operational testing of everything single thing. Much of it was done during the orientation.
    Our two issues were the back splash tile was loose on one side, and the spare tire was on the unit. It seems that one tire went flat in transport, so GD is sending a new one.
    Hitching was easy once I adjusted the guides to fit the pin box (Demco autoslide). You definatly know there is something back there although it was a fairly smooth pull. For my first tow larger than a small lawn mower trailer it really wasn't too bad. For those of you that are concerned about the towing, it will only take a few miles to at least stop sweating. Check your hitch and make sure you have it right (I checked it at least three times and still worried about what I missed). It is now parked in my workshop for some modifications.
    One other note. The truck squat was about 3 inches and sat level with the trailer. Just over 6 inches clearance to the bed rails (by eye). Hitch was in the middle height position.

Success.
    Thanks to all here for the advice.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob & Kathy

Glad the delivery went well. I agree with the "few miles to stop sweating" but it seems I do that each time out.
    I moved your post into your original thread to keep it all together.
    Enjoy and will be watching for your mods.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12