User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing outdoor kitchen sink

Has anyone replaced the sink in the outdoor kitchen? I’ve seen posts on replacing the kitchen sinks which seems just like a normal swap.
    The one in our rig is pretty dirty and beat up. Looking to drop a new stainless one but not sure how that drain work without the trap. Never seen one like that. Also appears that I’ll have to drop the bottom to disconnect the faucet, or is it accessible from the inside under the bunk?

Hoping to find out before I pull it apart.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if anyone was wondering this was a challenge. Started with having to break the sink to get it out. Ended up breaking off one of the pex faucet adapters. I had to cut the counter opening to fit the bigger sink. Tightening down the new sink was a challenge as the back side was really hard to reach. The PEX fittings were changed to 90 degrees and I used a 90 on the faucet with a flex hose. There was too much stress on the pex fitting to go direct to the faucet and didn't want to risk cracking bouncing down the road.

The drain was interesting. I ended up having to change the drain connection from 1 1/4" to 1 1/2". Just used a male adapter to go into the waterless trap and a 1 1/2" trap adapter. Worked well.

Don't know if anything leaks yet as I haven't winterized, but I am confident!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3825.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	18679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3829.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	18678
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS