Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pressure valve problem

Hot water stopped working suddenly. Traced to pressure valve. Removed it and am now at a loss where to get replacement on our 318 RLS 2016 Reflection

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eileen - I've seen over a dozen hot water check valves failing in the last month. You can call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 and ask for help or purchase one on your own. I believe this one will fit nicely:

Hot Water Check Valve

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim - Our neighbor who helped climb over the basement tangle to get to the water heater and check valve, commented that the brass fitting might not be compatible with the aluminum on the Atwood heater. What's your read on this and thanks again

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good question. I didn't research that part of it, but here's a plastic version which should eliminate the concern:

Plastic Check Valve

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen Green View Post
    Thanks Jim - Our neighbor who helped climb over the basement tangle to get to the water heater and check valve, commented that the brass fitting might not be compatible with the aluminum on the Atwood heater. What's your read on this and thanks again
    Hi Eileen . . . good advice from your neighbor . A brass fitting in an aluminum tank is asking for future galvanic corrosion problems. Better to go with the plastic one . . . or put a plastic coupling between the aluminum tank and the brass valve. If the aluminum and the brass are "electrically isolated", there will not be a problem.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Very good question. I didn't research that part of it, but here's a plastic version which should eliminate the concern:

Plastic Check Valve

Jim
    Maybe I'm confused (situation normal)...when I read Eileen's post I thought she was referencing the temperature and pressure (T&P) valve. Neither of the Amazon links appear to be T&Ps. (???)

Is there another pressure valve in our hot water system?

Something like this (no idea if this is the right one, link is just a representative example): https://www.amazon.com/10423-Tempera.../dp/B0006IX8AU
    Last edited by howson; 03-25-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)