User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go north on I-75 thru the middle of Atlanta. When you go past Marietta, take the right fork to I-575 and follow the interstate and four lane all the way to Blairsville.

Turn right in Blairsville at the McDonalds, and make a left at the stop sign. Go 1/2 mile to the town square, turn right and turn right again onto Hwy 19. Vogel State Park will be on the right about 8 miles south of Blairsville.

Vogel State Park is a very nice small park. Beware that Hwy. 19 south of Vogel State Park is a crooked, hilly snake of a road that's not pleasurable to drive. We prefer going Hwy 180 over to Brasstown Bald and the area east of Blairsville--Young Harris, GA and Hiawassee, GA for road trips.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information any thoughts getting from Vogel State Park to Hendersonville North Carolina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles01 View Post
    Thanks for the information any thoughts getting from Vogel State Park to Hendersonville North Carolina

Blue route has three good sized pulls to get over, Standing Indian, Cowee and Balsam. Not impossible, nor terribly curvy though.

Top route you miss two of three big pulls, but go through the Nantahala Gorge. If it’s warm weather you’ll have the rafting traffic. If it’s not warm you’ll have a beautiful ride. This route is the most scenic. It’s a tad curvy, but not bad. We’ve pulled ours through there a few times back when we still lived in Cherokee.

Bottom route would be the least curvy and mountainous over all. The stretch between Vogel and Clayton on 76 is curvy though.

Enjoy the area, we miss it!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info ,I think I like the blue route the best out of the three will be doing this on the first week of May.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go the bottom route through Clayton. Keeps you on the south side of the mountain until you have to make the one big pull up the mountain where Hendersonville's on top.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party. Went straight through Atlanta yesterday. No issues. It was about 8AM too so I would try to get through early.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruised (and I mean 60 MPH on cruise control!) right up I75 through Atlanta at about 9AM Sunday morning. (Have never done this before in either direction) Most of the construction that has been going on for the past 5 years or more, is complete. We stayed the night before at Forsyth KOA about an hour south of Atlanta. It was packed with snowbird RVs of every shape and size . . . all planning the same Sunday morning "Atlanta crossing" .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    . . . all planning the same Sunday morning "Atlanta crossing" .

Rob
    “Atlanta crossing”. I love it.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North of Atlanta . . . things got really interesting. Hours of "carwash downpour" as we climbed through the Tennessee/Kentucky Smoky Mountains.
    The fog and the rain were almost like snowstorm white-out conditions. Amazingly, most drivers were being reasonable and slowing to match conditions . . . there were the few aggressive crazies. DashCam screenshot attached . . .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DashCam 08AP19.jpeg  
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 04-08-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    North of Atlanta . . . things got really interesting. Hours of "carwash downpour" as we climbed through the Tennessee/Kentucky Smoky Mountains.
    The fog and the rain were almost like snowstorm white-out conditions. Amazingly, most drivers were being reasonable and slowing to match conditions . . . there were the few aggressive crazies. DashCam screenshot attached . . .

Rob
    I actually miss those real rains back there. We spent all last summer under the bright blue skies of the PNW and now sitting in the desert. Nice hard rain would be a treat!

Glad you made it through ok though!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast