User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Owner 2800BH

New member here....just agreed to buy a 2019 2800BH, our first camper!

We are in Houston and, like others, had a hard time getting the local dealers (all Holiday World) to meet the price I wanted so I ended up buying from McClains in Ft Worth. Thanks to the information on this site, I got to a price of $27,400+TTL and doc fee. It's an 8/2018 build with the 2nd AC and theater seats.

Very excited to pick it up - need to wait 10 days or so as they will be installing a Propride hitch for me.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group.
    Any questions you may have ask away, plenty of help here.
    I moved your post to the "new member" page to keep the other thread on topic.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glob76 View Post

We are in Houston and, like others, had a hard time getting the local dealers (all Holiday World) to meet the price I wanted so I ended up buying from McClains in Ft Worth. Thanks to the information on this site, I got to a price of $27,400+TTL and doc fee. It's an 8/2018 build with the 2nd AC and theater seats.

Very excited to pick it up - need to wait 10 days or so as they will be installing a Propride hitch for me.
    Former Texan, I also have the 2800bh, feel free to PM if ya have any questions or better yet throw it up on a thread and everyone can help! Welcome! 2nd AC near Houston.....smart move! :-)
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, I just finished my paper work on mine 25,000 plus tax and license. here in California

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on the new camper. No doubt you'll have many questions since this is your first camper. Don't hesitate to ask! The search engine (white rectangular box near the top right) is your friend, too. Type in the word or phrase you are looking for and click the small magnifying glass icon. It is very likely you'll find dozens and dozens of threads related to your area of interest.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I've been browsing this site for a year or more - found so much good information already.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I've been browsing this site for a year or more - found so much good information already.
    Make sure you check the Axle. I just purchased a 2018 as well and GD is replacing all axles on 2018's that are 2 and 3/8 to 3 inch axles. I was also told the cargo weight would go from 900 to 1500-1600 once the axle is replaced. They are replacing the tires as well. So far I have been told they dont need to replace the springs. Lookup tire rub if you havent on here plenty of topics on the issue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you check the Axle. I just purchased a 2018 as well and GD is replacing all axles on 2018's that are 2 and 3/8 to 3 inch axles. I was also told the cargo weight would go from 900 to 1500-1600 once the axle is replaced. They are replacing the tires as well. So far I have been told they dont need to replace the springs. Lookup tire rub if you havent on here plenty of topics on the issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - will do. I know my 2019 unit has the 4400 lb axles, with 1457 lb payload, so fingers crossed it's already got the upgraded axle.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - will do. I know my 2019 unit has the 4400 lb axles, with 1457 lb payload, so fingers crossed it's already got the upgraded axle.
    Ahh my mistake for some reason I thought you said you bought a 2018. You should be good to go the 2019's have been reported to come with the 4400 axles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast