User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking in the 375 RES

Finally warming up here at Myrtle Beach. The 1st trip is a combo of Work From Home and vacation days for me and 200% vacation for Sue. That's right Sue couldn't be happier! Now that I have a few day off glad and it hit the mid 60s today with a lot of sun we are spending time the the way it ought to be...chillin with a beer, some tunes, some Marxh Madness and a new RV.
    And the Solitude is holding up pretty well. Some minor annoyances. First, the shower leaked...contacted the dealer...before applying some clear sealant over the last foot or more of the seam wear the glass rails meet the tub. There was a noticeable lack of sealant there. Second issue is the themostat in the bedroom has display issues where the top line or 2 are not displayed so some numbers like 8, 9, 5,and 3 look weird. The thermostat works but clearly needs to be replaced. Third, the combo Jensen and TCL stereo and TV leave a little to be desired in quality and usability. The remote to the stereo overly complicated and small and the DVD player could not play the instructional DVD for the auto-leveling system but could play a separate DVD I brought. Going to ask for it to be replaced.
    But these are minor. Folks with a brand new Class A on their 1st trip just down a few sites from us had there hot water heater "blow up" in their words...stuff can go very bad. Things sre going well for us. We think we bought the right unit and at 1st blush the Grand Design attention to detail shows. Also very happy with the way our dealer Bill Plemmon RV in Raleigh handled our calls to discuss things.
    Tim & Sue..with pups Iris and Sam
    2019 Solitude 375RES; 2019 Ford F350 XLT Dually; B&W Companion 25K Hitch
    Previously camped with a 1993 26' Dutchman TT and 2007 Trailmanor 2720SL
    Retiring in 1.5+ years
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...pic22370_7.gif http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCVAsm.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great Tim and Sue, enjoy the new condo lol! I've just had a few minor issues with my 375 as well but dealer has been awesome in taking care of them. I looked at every Solitude floorplan before picking the 375, will fulltime in it in few years. It is a beauty and may you make many great memories in it, I already have with my 3yr old grandson...calls it "papos trailer" haha
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff