User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Picking up our 310GK next week!

VERY excited to get the ball rolling on this. Both Charlie and I (Ryan) have read a bunch, researched a bunch, but nothing will compare to actually pulling and driving the unit.
    Once home, I have a number of things/mods to do and starting with the rear cam install.. Hoping it DOES actually power down when running lights go out, but we will see what GD wired the rear cam power to..
    As a side note, if you have time, don't buy stuff from dealer. WAY too expensive!
    I have found everything from chocks to dogbanes, etc etc.. on used sites and saved a bundle.
    For those items we wanted "new" I found best bang for buck was Amazon.ca
    Yep, Im a Canuck. Rolling around BC sometime soon..
    (Just need to sell the house!). Anyone looking for one in the Okanagan?
    --Shamless plug there--
    Anyhow, looking forward to huge adventures!
    Keep it rolling all, Happy spring!

Ry

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Solitude. Looking forward to here about your mod's.
    Did you get a look at the PDI sheet in the reference library?
    Here's hoping for a good delivery day.

Brian

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had to wait for delivery on two Grand Design units over the years. I always get so excited, and a little apprehensive. Good luck on a smooth purchase.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new trailer. We are really enjoying our 310GK (our first trailer). I think you will too. For us it is a great combination of nice finishes/features, big enough to be comfortable and small enough to get around with.

Enjoy

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Nothing more exciting than waiting for your new RV. Getting it home and setup for traveling to your next adventure. Happy camping

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Pdi?

Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Congrats on the new Solitude. Looking forward to here about your mod's.
    Did you get a look at the PDI sheet in the reference library?
    Here's hoping for a good delivery day.

Brian
    Yes for sure Brian, downloaded and printed... ready to go!
    Thanks all for the good wishes!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystudiois View Post
    VERY excited to get the ball rolling on this. Both Charlie and I (Ryan) have read a bunch, researched a bunch, but nothing will compare to actually pulling and driving the unit.
    Once home, I have a number of things/mods to do and starting with the rear cam install.. Hoping it DOES actually power down when running lights go out, but we will see what GD wired the rear cam power to..
    As a side note, if you have time, don't buy stuff from dealer. WAY too expensive!
    I have found everything from chocks to dogbanes, etc etc.. on used sites and saved a bundle.
    --Shamless plug there--

Ry
    Congrats on your new order. When we purchased our 303 we specifically requested the rear observation camera be wired to the running lights. The salesman asked "why?" and said they come ready for plug and play. I explained I did not want the parasitic draw from a hot wire inside the coach. He did not bat an eye, said "no problem", and wired it as requested. We have been very happy.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Congrats on your new order. When we purchased our 303 we specifically requested the rear observation camera be wired to the running lights. The salesman asked "why?" and said they come ready for plug and play. I explained I did not want the parasitic draw from a hot wire inside the coach. He did not bat an eye, said "no problem", and wired it as requested. We have been very happy.
    Glad to hear G&C!
    For us, I found the cost of the observation camera WAY too high at the dealer.. I ended up buying a new in box unit from someone selling it off, so I am wiring myself. saved over $400 by simply keeping my eyes open to deals out there! (And of course being Scottish, I hate paying full pop!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool First few days with the new unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystudiois View Post
    --Shamless plug there--

Ry

Well. Got our 310. Bit of a deal for first time backing into driveway, but all good! Orientation went well (4 hours) but I asked TONS of questions.. Bit of a geek there I suppose.
    So far tested everything out, no issues as of yet. LOVE the self levelling feature for sure.
    Few things to report..
    A. Dealer never mentioned it came with the 50' 50A shoreline power cable. ( I bought one thinking we needed but...).
    (Also came with a 50A - 110V dogbone).
    B. Installed a new grab handle (Camco I think) on the screen door. Easy to do and supplies a much more robust/easy screen door open/close scenario. (Highly recommended).
    C. Installed the Fusion Observation cam at rear. Damn! it gets constant power, so next on the list is to run a line from running lights to the unit so it doesn't sap my 12v supply.
    D. Solar install is working very well, had neighbours gawking the last few nights and lights on etc.. no worries!
    (I did upgrade to 2 6V batts in series as well to extend amp hours as much as possible).

Final note..
    WAY too many dealer stickers!! I have removed them all.. Its pretty enough without showing the world where I bought it!
    (Was an easy task. Flat razor blade for corner(s) and pull em off! Residual glue melts away with standard WD/40 then a quick wipe)!

On to the next tasks!
    Ry

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post Pics!

I'm sure they told you this, but if they didn't, a 50Amp surge protector might pay for itself. The auto-level system is not cheap. Felt good knowing I was protected when the transformer 4 lots over blew.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast