Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cable Hook-up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cable Hook-up

Displaying my ignorance here. I have hooked up to cable with success. However one time, the cable connection was on the curb side and I didn't have a cable long enough to reach the driver side. Could I have connected to the cable outlet for the exterior TV on the curbside? Can you connect to any cable receptacle to power up the whole RV?
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the outlets lead to the same place. Yes it should work with cable just fine like that
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't imagine why it would not work, as mentioned above it all goes to the same place.
    If you try it and it works let us know, even if for some reason it does not work.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Can't imagine why it would not work, as mentioned above it all goes to the same place.
    If you try it and it works let us know, even if for some reason it does not work.
    I will try it sometime and let y'all know. Has anyone else ever connected somewhere besides the normal input receptacle? That kind of low voltage signal/power isn't directional as far as I know.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really an answer to your question . . . but, why are you using a "cable" connection for TV? The free-to-air TV signals that you can receive with your antenna have way better signal quality and cover most major networks (and about a hundred other channels that we would never watch) pretty much everywhere we travel.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess depends on how the splitters are connected.
    They pass signal IN to OUTs or OUTs to IN, not sure they can pass signal between OUT to OUT ports. https://broadbandlibrary.com/rf-signal-level-2/
    Noticed my diagram is wired a bit different than klenger's 297RSTS OEM diagram.
    I'm guessing the antenna booster acts as a splitter when not powered, so it'd pass signals both directions like a regular coax splitter.

Can connect to cable curb side passthru jack, then a short jumper at the water panel to the normal cable input jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Klenger OEM RF Coax.pdf   317RST TV-Cable Coax Diagram.pdf  
    Last edited by gbkims; 03-24-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Not really an answer to your question . . . but, why are you using a "cable" connection for TV? The free-to-air TV signals that you can receive with your antenna have way better signal quality and cover most major networks (and about a hundred other channels that we would never watch) pretty much everywhere we travel.
    That hasn't been my experience. I suppose if your were holed up outside of Tucson, it would be true. We go to a lot of state and national parks and could always get a few channels - like the sewing channel, etc.

My first choice for TV is streaming. I turn my Verizon phone into a hotspot and stream from various sources - including from our home DVR, Netflix and Amazon Prime. We also bring a ton of DVDs with us. But cable TV is nice to have as well.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    I will try it sometime and let y'all know. Has anyone else ever connected somewhere besides the normal input receptacle? That kind of low voltage signal/power isn't directional as far as I know.
    Back a few years ago I used to run an rf converter over rg6 on a DirecTV box to get signal to our bedroom and the office area. Didn't want to pay $12 for 2 boxes, I'm cheap like that.

It should work just fine at any outlet and send signal to any connected outlet.

The satellite lines are single run from outside to drop inside. Cable is all interconnected and you shouldn't have any issues
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I guess depends on how the splitters are connected.
    They pass signal IN to OUTs or OUTs to IN, not sure they can pass signal between OUT to OUT ports. https://broadbandlibrary.com/rf-signal-level-2/
    Noticed my diagram is wired a bit different than klenger's 297RSTS OEM diagram.
    I'm guessing the antenna booster acts as a splitter when not powered, so it'd pass signals both directions like a regular coax splitter.

Can connect to cable curb side passthru jack, then a short jumper at the water panel to the normal cable input jack.
    I'm not sure my 29RS has those pass throughs.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion Hitch