User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jellystone RV Resort in Kerrville TX

Spent the week at Jellystone RV Resort in Kerrville TX. They have re-surfaces the deluxe, preferred, red carpet and premium RV spaces and added new water slides and a new pool, Currently re-modeling the café and adult beverage area. That's the good news, but along with the re-modeling and new water slides come a big price increase. IMHO, I think that they are pricing themselves out of the family market. There pricing starts at $52/night (up to $66), but then you add in a lock-in fee, extra person fee (even though there were a few winter Texans, this park is for kids), extra vehicle fee and cost of extra activities it gets real expensive fast.

Also on April 1st you are no longer allowed to bring your own golf cart, but you can rent one for the weekend at a cost of $200.00. This park is quite large and for an old guy with a bad hip and back, I can no longer keep up with the grand girls by walking. Using the golf cart was really a necessity over a long weekend.

This is one of my grand girls favorite park and we used to go a couple of times a month during the summer, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford to go more than one time this coming summer.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed there from March 9 - March 24 and really enjoyed it!
    Mark & Diana
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo w/Aisin Transmission DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Previous Rig:
    2018 Reflection 312BHTS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW
    Equalizer Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there from March 21-24th in spot 84. Bet you were in the spot closer to the river and jumpy pad.

Never said that I didn't enjoy the park - our girls love the jumpy pad, lazer tag, playground and running along the river - I just said that it was getting out of my price range and comfort level. Since I have a bad hip and back, without the golf cart it's hard for me to keep up with the girls and at $200/weekend for a golf cart on top of the other cost. It puts a big dent in my budget.

Will we be back, of course but we will not be able to twice a month during the summer like we did last year. Maybe every other month?
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in spot 70 on that first row when you pull in to the RV area. I think their prices are going up again for 2020 too. We booked a site for next Spring a Break but they couldn’t give us a price because they said that “corporate” was busy coming up with the 2020 pricing across the Nation....
    Mark & Diana
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo w/Aisin Transmission DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Previous Rig:
    2018 Reflection 312BHTS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW
    Equalizer Hitch