User Tag List

Thread: Add insulation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add insulation

We have a 312bths and fulltime. The bunkhouse area is so cold. The furnace blows but the freezing floor kills all the heat. Also the noise. We have a 4 lb kitten and he sounds like a lion running around when we’re outside.

I’m thinking about dropping the coroplast, putting up a layer of sound barrier and adding in some Rockwool insulation and foam board to hold it up. Not worried about weight since we are stationary most the time and when moving day come I pull a uhaul behind my Jeep to lower weight in the trailer. Because we are WAY overweight fulltiming. Has anyone done this?
    Also plan on organizing all the wires while we’re under there.

We have this summer to get this stuff done. Since we’re going to be in Utah for work this winter [emoji51]

Any tips are welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a tip for you. Dont get the highest R value you can find. I had to replace some of my insulation due to a leaky black tank valve...blah. anyway, I used R-19 which I didn't realize expanded to 6" until it was too late. It went in fine, but when putting the coroplast back up there was a giant bulge and it was a huge pain to get it back up there. Soon enough I'm taking it out and putting something that doesnt expand as much.

I recommend looking above the coroplast first and seeing what kind of available space there is before purchasing insulation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good tip. Thanks! I looked at Lowe’s and there’s only 3in thick. Choosing rockwool since it doesn’t trap moisture. I’m disappointed in the noise that comes with walking around the trailer. Soooo loud. [emoji58]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you drop the coroplast you will not find much room for adding insulation. You will have the 2 grey tanks, 1 fresh, and 1 black, that take up a lot of space under there. The back end where the bunk room is at you should be able to add a lot though. Some kind of skirting around the bottom might help a lot with the cold floors.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I’m not too worried about the front end. More concerned with the bunk area than anything. But we will probably add sound proofing material throughout.