User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to trade in for Transcend

New here, and had some questions. My wife and I are considering trading our Jayco Jayflight in on a Transcend 26rls. I have seen the Transcend referred to as an entry level uni, but seems to be a big upgrade to the Jayflight. From what I have seen on walk thrus. Every thing seems quite similar to the Imagine except for frame and skin. Cabinets and seating etc all seem to be the same thing. Is it primarily a weight and status thing? Also didn't see an Imagine with the same length and floor plan. Any input on the Transcend line would be appreciated.

ranscend

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think it is a "status" thing. The "stick and tin" build of these units make them a lot cheaper to build and sell. It is also a cheaper way for some one new to get into camping.
    Our first 2 campers were "stick and tin" built and they were great. Our third one was aluminum and fiberglass sided , much easier to clean and keep clean. The aluminum framed ones are a little more durable as well , I think , and also hold a little more value as they age. Any trailer does not like water leaks but this is especially true with the wood framed ones , there is a lot more to rot or have water damage with those.

I agree with you on the interior quality being close to the same, but the outside is where the cost comes into play.
    They all are nice , you just have to choose which is right for you.

Also welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy-b View Post
    Any input on the Transcend line would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum. The linked thread below includes two posts from site sponsors that also happen to be "in the biz" so I think you'll find it informative:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ne-of-trailers
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I am pretty sure that we are going to pull the trigger and get it.