Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen or used but I think for the heavier travel trailers/ 5ers I would be concerned about bending an axle.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slick! .....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't used those exact ones but have used these for transport trailers and they are the cat ******. I am planing on getting a set like this from my smaller trailers this summer to save carrying a floor jack all the time

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    Haven't used those exact ones but have used these for transport trailers and they are the cat ******. I am planing on getting a set like this from my smaller trailers this summer to save carrying a floor jack all the time
    Who makes the ones in your pict?
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the Trailer Aid Plus for years and just love the simplicity of it. Additionally, it can be used to assist in leveling the camper, everything should have multiple uses.

I would be very concerned about bending an axle when using a jacking system like the one shown at the top of this thread. That style of jacking system is used on commercial trucks for brake and tire inspections. Commercial trucks have much more robust axles than any RV trailer.

My question to you would be, what purpose do you intend to use those jacks for?

If the answer is for changing a tire, and you have tandem axles, the Trailer Aid is a simpler solution (you don't have to crawl under the camper to position the jack).

If the answer is for Winter storage, then a good set of jack stands placed on the frame of the trailer would also take the weight off of the springs during the storage period.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I've used the Trailer Aid Plus for years and just love the simplicity of it. Additionally, it can be used to assist in leveling the camper, everything should have multiple uses.

I would be very concerned about bending an axle when using a jacking system like the one shown at the top of this thread. That style of jacking system is used on commercial trucks for brake and tire inspections. Commercial trucks have much more robust axles than any RV trailer.

My question to you would be, what purpose do you intend to use those jacks for?

If the answer is for changing a tire, and you have tandem axles, the Trailer Aid is a simpler solution (you don't have to crawl under the camper to position the jack).

If the answer is for Winter storage, then a good set of jack stands placed on the frame of the trailer would also take the weight off of the springs during the storage period.
    One thing to be aware of is that these won't work for some rigs with larger axle spacing. The block of 4 2X6s I use to change tires on my tandem cattle trailer won't get an inflated tire off the ground on my Reflection. Like anything else of this nature, try it at home first to avoid the pain of finding out the shortcomings of your equipment on the road somewhere.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Who makes the ones in your pict?
    Trestle Jack

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By placing the one in the OP just inside the u bolts it won't bend the axle. If you putting it in the center of the axle yeah it probably will but out at the ends no it won't. That's where dealers, tire and spring shop jack them up from

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk