User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go...

Well, we listed the house on Friday, got an offer yesterday, and accepted it today. Under contract now with plan to close mid-May.

We’re actually going to do it.

We’re selling the house “near-turn key”, so we won’t have to put much in storage (some artwork, personal belongings), but we’ve got a lot that we’ve got to move up to storage in Port St. Joe, FL as well as some storage up in GA as well between now and mid-May.

My wife is a nervous wreck. She’s been very supportive of “moving into an RV” - and we’re doing a bit of customization in the new RV (mostly cabinetry, custom closet & shoe rack, kitchen/office chairs) - but still the thought of living in two RVs and no B&S home is very unnerving to her.

Me? I think it’s going to be a fun adventure, one that is going to allow us to set ourselves up for a nice smaller B&S home in six years.

“Batter Up!”
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Well, we listed the house on Friday, got an offer yesterday, and accepted it today. Under contract now with plan to close mid-May.

We’re selling the house “near-turn key”, so we won’t have to put much in storage (some artwork, personal belongings), but we’ve got a lot that we’ve got to move up to storage in Port St. Joe, FL as well as some storage up in GA as well between now and mid-May.

My wife is a nervous wreck. She’s been very supportive of “moving into an RV” - and we’re doing a bit of customization in the new RV (mostly cabinetry, custom closet & shoe rack, kitchen/office chairs) - but still the thought of living in two RVs and no B&S home is very unnerving to her.

Me? I think it’s going to be a fun adventure, one that is going to allow us to set ourselves up for a nice smaller B&S home in six years.

“Batter Up!”
    Congratulations. Let the adventure begin! Safe travels

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the sell of the house Jim! We wish you the best of Luck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim

Great news! Just make sure the wife is happy and all will be good.
    Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Jim!
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, we started living full time almost exactly a year ago!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news for you on a quick sale, Jim. We are a little more than a year out from doing the same thing. In our case we are both looking forward to going fulltime and being able to spend a whole lot of summer time up in Indiana where both of our families are. We will not miss our B&S house at all, especially the property taxes.

Now your fun begins!!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i Have been full timing (for the most part) since Feb 2018. The wife and animals came full time in June 2018 and we are loving the life style.
    Hopefully you will too.
    Congrats
    Extra Class Ham Operator WB0YD
    2018 Imagine 2670MK previous rig
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 Long bed dually Cummins automatic
    AISIN A69 trans 3.73 gears, B+W Companion slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been full time RV'ing since 2013 when ( we lost everything to a wild fire, in Montana. Ex wife did not want to stay together).So I went on my way, and she went hers. Now I get to see the rest of the USA.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post

“Batter Up!”
    Congrats--will be interesting to read how it goes.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast