User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand trail membership

We are looking at the thousand trail membership. We are considering buying the camp pass with the southeast zone with the trails package. Anyone with this membership or any thoughts on it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the southeast zone with the trails package. Pretty good deal and we have used it for 6 weeks of camping this year. Had a bit of limited selection in Florida for last week of October and last week of March but all in all we are satisfied with it. That said Barb is debating about renewing it though. I would do it but she feels tied into the places that we can access because we paid for the membership and would like to go to some other places this year that aren't part of the membership. Me I would still get it because use it once and paid for. See what we do as it is nearly time to pay for another year.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    We have the southeast zone with the trails package. Pretty good deal and we have used it for 6 weeks of camping this year. Had a bit of limited selection in Florida for last week of October and last week of March but all in all we are satisfied with it. That said Barb is debating about renewing it though. I would do it but she feels tied into the places that we can access because we paid for the membership and would like to go to some other places this year that aren't part of the membership. Me I would still get it because use it once and paid for. See what we do as it is nearly time to pay for another year.

Rob
    Rob:
    What is the price of membership? A salesman we are working with is making a big deal that buying from them will give us a one year membership to Thousand Oaks. Just was interested to actually know how much of a big deal it actually is. That being said, even though we live in Florida, we’d probably would focus on the SE zone the first year. As this would be our first RV and fifthwheel, we would most likely take smaller trips that first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    Rob:
    What is the price of membership? A salesman we are working with is making a big deal that buying from them will give us a one year membership to Thousand Oaks. Just was interested to actually know how much of a big deal it actually is. That being said, even though we live in Florida, we’d probably would focus on the SE zone the first year. As this would be our first RV and fifthwheel, we would most likely take smaller trips that first year.

That’s the same zone we are looking at. They are giving us $485 for the camping pass, but that is just for thousand trail campgrounds. We would have to add on a trail package which is an addiy$214. This allows us to stay at encore parks as well. I don’t think there is tax added on but I didn’t get a clear answer on that. The year starts the day you purchase it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand trail membership

Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    That’s the same zone we are looking at. They are giving us $485 for the camping pass, but that is just for thousand trail campgrounds. We would have to add on a trail package which is an addiy$214. This allows us to stay at encore parks as well. I don’t think there is tax added on but I didn’t get a clear answer on that. The year starts the day you purchase it.
    First, let me emphasize that the salesman I was referring to was an RV salesman that was saying they would throw in a Thousand Oaks Membership if we bought the RV. This was not a Thousand Oaks salesperson.
    But now since you brought this up, besides the price what is the difference between the camping pass and the encore parks? So you must buy the additional package?
    Just trying to get prepared for the supposed free package LOL we might receive for buying the RV if we then most pay for an encore package? I don’t know enough about this company so maybe it’s a good deal afterall.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    First, let me emphasize that the salesman I was referring to was an RV salesman that was saying they would throw in a Thousand Oaks Membership if we bought the RV. This was not a Thousand Oaks salesperson.
    But now since you brought this up, besides the price what is the difference between the camping pass and the encore parks? So you must buy the additional package?
    Just trying to get prepared for the supposed free package LOL we might receive for buying the RV if we then most pay for an encore package? I don’t know enough about this company so maybe it’s a good deal afterall.

I paid roughly the $485 plus $200 for the trails collection. That is for Thousand Trails. Not sure if the salesman is talking Thousand Trails or Thousand Oaks. I am not familiar with Thousand Oaks but we have gottten enough use out of Thousand trails to make it worthwhile this past year.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [emoji23]ok so obviously I was clueless here, I did mean Thousand Trails, not Thousands Oaks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I paid roughly the $485 plus $200 for the trails collection. That is for Thousand Trails. Not sure if the salesman is talking Thousand Trails or Thousand Oaks. I am not familiar with Thousand Oaks but we have gottten enough use out of Thousand trails to make it worthwhile this past year.

Rob
    That’s what we are figuring out too. That it will pay for it self no problem even if we get three trips x 2 weeks each trip. We aren’t retired yet but close to it. We figure with the cost of campgrounds going up each year it would be worth trying it. We are always afraid of some kind of catch, but it is just for one year. We have looked at campgrounds in the Kissimmee and Orlando area. We found the Orlando thousand trails and than the two encore campgrounds in Kissimmee - tropical palms and Sherwood Forest. We where just wondering if anyone had stayed at any of these locations and what their thoughts are on them or if anyone could recommend one more than the other.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TT Orlando is our home park. It is a large park with over 800 sites. Most are open and ok sized. They have a good recreation area, pool and outdoor games. The park is busy from Jan till April with all the snow birds, the rest of the year is not a problem for reservations. The park is located good for Disney and also for the rest of the Orlando area attractions. The encore parks are ok but the sites seem to be packed together, we have driven through but have not stay. There is an encore park in Clermont FL that many tts use for their time out of park that gets good reviews. TT membership is good as long as you plan on using the parks a few time each year

Ed
    2017 Solitude 321RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed5901 View Post
    TT Orlando is our home park. It is a large park with over 800 sites. Most are open and ok sized. They have a good recreation area, pool and outdoor games. The park is busy from Jan till April with all the snow birds, the rest of the year is not a problem for reservations. The park is located good for Disney and also for the rest of the Orlando area attractions. The encore parks are ok but the sites seem to be packed together, we have driven through but have not stay. There is an encore park in Clermont FL that many tts use for their time out of park that gets good reviews. TT membership is good as long as you plan on using the parks a few time each year

Ed
    Can you explain the difference between the parks , or perhaps what is meant by encore parks?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast