User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys are going to San Antonio, We stayed at a campground in Shirtz, Texas. It is just a few miles north of San Antonio. They even had a shuttle service to take you to a tour of the town. It was well worth the money we spent, as they took us to places we would have never found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the 1000 Trails Preserves in Oregon are for rigs less then 35 ft. I work on the washers and dryers in many of their parks. I have looked at the map with the length of the sites and scoped out the certain sites. I don't think I would want to camp at Whales Rest, South Jetty or Pacific City. The sites are just too small for our rig.
    We have stayed at Seaside. It's got more space. We stayed there for 5 days with a free area membership we received when purchasing our Momentum. We received another free membership when purchasing the Solitude. We will activate the 1 year area membership this fall and stay at Seaside again in October.

We purchased a membership to Sound Pacific Resorts in 2016. We can stay at their parks for free for 2 weeks (like 1000 Trails). We also get a membership to RPI and ROD to stay at their parks all across the nation.
    We are headed to Cascade Meadows Resort (Sound Pacific Park) this coming Friday. We are still working so, we will leave the rig at camp and go back to work for much of the work week. We will then go back to camp for 3 long weekends. It's just over 100 miles away. We have reservations for the week of July 4th too. That will be a 10 night stay, with a 5 mile ride to La Pine for the 4th of July parade and fireworks that night too. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Wire Wrat,
    We are headed to San Antonio and other Texas locations. I would stay in Shirtz just because of the cool name. Do you remember the name of the campground? And do you think we would have any trouble finding a spot for 39 ft 5th wheel.
    Thanks, Russ
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tibbs,

Just in case Wire Wrat doesn't answer you. I live in Selma, TX and I could actually walk to SchErtz, TX. Just google Schertz, TX RV parks. There are only 4 in the city limits, 3 have no website. I would just call them and ask. Be careful as some will pop up that are not in Schertz. Schertz has become a suburb of San Antonio, so the results of a search will be all over the place. If you're staying in the San Antonio area, you can't go wrong with Schertz. Also, check out New Braunfels and Boerne. They are both nice places a little ways from the city, but close enough to have EVERYTHING you need. New Braunfels, in particular is great. Settled by German immigrants in the 19th century and slowly became Texas German. They even have their own language, but it is very hard to find anyone who speaks it anymore as the oldtimers die off. Let me know if you have any questions. I've lived in the area all of my life, minus my years in the Army.
    Last edited by 1SG1971; 10-01-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1SG1971

Thanks for the inside tip. It is always nice to have a local perspective. New Braunfels also sounds good since we head for the Houston area after that. I might reach out to you again. And thanks for your service.
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123