User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it fixed quickly. It would seem the RV park has some responsibility. They certainly have to know that many modern RV's are tall and they knew they had a low hanging wire. I would suggest they had a responsibility to raise the wire or at least not book a tall RV in that site.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Glad you got it fixed quickly. It would seem the RV park has some responsibility. They certainly have to know that many modern RV's are tall and they knew they had a low hanging wire. I would suggest they had a responsibility to raise the wire or at least not book a tall RV in that site.
    I agree--it's crazy that the campground doesn't have the wire high enough. I don't understand the campground stating (from the OP) "...be careful of a low wire near site...". How about, "There's a wire that is x' y" on that site--how tall is your RV?" If the height of the RV is unknown, a campground employee should have been on site to ensure there was no damage.

At minimum I'd suggest the OP file a complaint with the BBB (if it exists in that area?) so there's an independent record of the issue. It may help the next person that encounters that wire.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably would have torn the wire completely down. If I'm going to have to do repairs, so is the campground.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was kind of funny, while talking with the adjuster a bunch of trucks rolled in to fix the wire! Our insurance carrier is going to go after the power company and or phone company.....good chance we will get our deductible back.

We are actually workamping at this location....doing what we can to all get along. All is good, could have been worse. Glad it is fixed.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12