User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford or Chevy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had all three, and my dad had GMC which he really like. The dodge was good, I had it for 8 yrs. But myself I like CHEVY it rides better I think.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went with the Ford (350). I like the drop in the front of the side windows. It keeps the mirrors a little lower and gives a little bit better visibility, overall.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since luxury is where you want to be then Ford F350 Platinum, GMC 3500HD Denali and Ram 3500 Limited are where it's at. All three are fairly comparable as features go but I don't think anyone can deny that the 12" center stack in the Ram is quite impressive. I think the infotainment center in the Ram is much better than the Ford products I have owned and currently own. The other issues I have with Ford and GM is that even in their high end models, there is just too much plastic. Makes it appear cheap. Just my opinion of course. Others probably feel the same about Ram. The area where Ford and GM used to be leaders was with their seats. Man I loved my Silverado seats. So cushy soft but they wore quickly from sliding in and out of the seats. The Ford seats are almost as nice as the GM. But for 2019 Ram has dramatically improved their seats. They dont have any of the 2019 HDs out in my area but the seats appear to be very much like the 2019 1500s. I've been in those and they are awesome. They've done a lot with sound suppression and glass to make it the quietest interior of the big 3.

But as everyone has said, it's hard to choose. Usually comes down to brand loyalty. Plus, don't get caught up in the television adds about who does better at towing and payload because virtually no one buys the truck capable of those ratings. Do your research (even though I'm guessing you already have done some) and pick the one that's right for you and your situation.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a Chevy guy all the way ...... The first duramax was a 2003. Went through a few set of injectors but when it was time for a new truck 2017 the wife and I went to the car show. We sat in the Chevy the dodge and the ford and we test drove all three. We went with the Ford F-350 SRW short bed king ranch. The wife loved the massaging seats the room in the cabin and back then the king ranch had the brown leather with is very nice. The room in the rear seats is huge!!!

I have 17K so far on the truck and it is a great road vehicle and it pulls like there is no tomorrow.

Tony P
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a Chevy guy too...from way back, never thought I'd own a Ford. But GM kind of let me down starting way back when the hoods started folding in half when you closed them, the paint didn't hold up, then there was the whole GM diesel thing. I wanted a diesel so I bought the first year Ford with the 6.9, a 1983 . It was a great truck and I eventually bought a 7.3 which has been the best truck ever. I also tried another Chevy in 2005, a 3500 Express 6.0. It's been reliable for the most part but almost always leaked oil, cheap interior, broke the visor, door handle both inside and out, seat belt. Starter went out just out of warranty at 37K, water pump soon after, now on 4th water pump, radiator went at 40K, oil leaks both top and bottom, (fixed once but only briefly) parking brake never worked right. Just over 100K on it now and still running but the leaks are embarrassing. So I guess for me it would be Ford or maybe Dodge but I haven't bough a Chrysler product since my Grand Cherokee which was nothing to write home about.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which every one you like best. All three are reliable and will pull a 5er. After 25yrs of GM trucks... I made t he switch to Ford - IMO, Ford had several years on GM in the area of electronics and creature comforts in the cab and more room in the 2nd row for the Kid & baby seat. I was a big fan of the duramax (had two), but am impressed by the current PSD as well. Drive all 3 - pick the one that you like best.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just reading Ram vs. Super Duty on CumminsForum.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ford or Chevy

Interesting
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 03-31-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I was just reading Ram vs. Super Duty on CumminsForum.

The OP asked for unbiased opinions on Ford vs Dodge.
    On a Dodge forum.
    Pure genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great question...pass the popcorn as I watch the show

Oh yeah,
    Chevy
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast