User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ford or Chevy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a few days late here, but I read through this because my DW and i recently bought a Momentum 25G and we just sold our GMC 1500 and are looking for a 3/4 or 1-ton replacement. I am kinda surprised no one has mentioned the Ford SD death wobble. I've read on other forums that the 2017-present models are more prone than previous models. That scares me enough that Ford is now off the list for us.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    To paraphrase a line spoken by Lauren Bacall to Bogart in To Have and Have Not - "John, you're just a stinker!"
    I just loves me some Bogie and Bacall!
    Two of my favorite quotes come from that movie:

"Was you ever bit by a dead bee?"

and

"I just want to have enough money to be able to say No when I want to." (I literally patterned my life after this quote)

And now back to our previously scheduled entertainment....
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    Coke or Pepsi? How about an RC?

Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram all make good one ton tow vehicles. Similar payloads, reliability, mpg, etc.

If you have no brand preference, test drive them all. Maybe you like the Ford seats the best, or the Chevy dashboard, or the Ram styling. Go with whatever suits you and your family the best.

Good luck!

Dave

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Excellent Reply. I like the way you think.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
    Ford F350, or Chevy 3500HD?
    Nick,
    I just sold my 2018 F250 with 7K miles on it and bought a GMC 3500 Denali Duramax because the wife complained constantly about the ride in the Ford being too stiff and bouncy. The one ton GMC rides much smoother than the Ford 250. I really liked my 250 but as they say, "Happy Wife, Happy Life". You should look at both and test drive them, just as a side note the 2020 GMC and Chevy trucks are going to be 10 inches longer and two inches wider so that they look more "Manley" compared to the Fords and Rams … the Wife jokes that it's a guy thing so that we all can stand around and brag about the size of our …...trucks! Best of luck, Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678