Ford F350, or Chevy 3500HD?
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2016 Silverado 2500 4x4 Gasser

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chevy, I think they do not sit as high as Ford.

Ford, they seem to have more bells and whistles, wider, have more cab room, softer suspension I think. Do not like the door windows with the step down.

I vote Chevy.

Brian

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
    Coke or Pepsi? How about an RC?

Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram all make good one ton tow vehicles. Similar payloads, reliability, mpg, etc.

If you have no brand preference, test drive them all. Maybe you like the Ford seats the best, or the Chevy dashboard, or the Ram styling. Go with whatever suits you and your family the best.

Good luck!

Dave

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F350
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F-350 SRW if your trailer is 2 axle and has the payload room. Dodge if it’s a DRW. Chevy if it’s free either way.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    Coke or Pepsi? How about an RC?

Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram all make good one ton tow vehicles. Similar payloads, reliability, mpg, etc.

If you have no brand preference, test drive them all. Maybe you like the Ford seats the best, or the Chevy dashboard, or the Ram styling. Go with whatever suits you and your family the best.
    This. The big 3 all make a really good truck right now, it just comes down to which one you like the most.
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basic answer: "Yes." Any of the big three will serve you well. I've not owned a Ram, but I've owned GM and Ford diesel trucks, so here's what I have to say:

The steering column that isn't straight fore-and-aft in the GM trucks bugs me... perhaps they've redesigned that in the latest models. I also find that I'm able to spend longer days in the Ford seats than I was in my Sierra seats (both top-of-the-line leather seats) without my back and butt hurting. I absolutely LOVED the DuraMax diesel and the Allison transmission coupled with it - but the 6.7 PowerStroke is doing a great job of pulling our rig. I didn't like the DEF filler under the hood on the GMC (and on the opposite side from the fuel filler) and like the DEF fill port next to the diesel port on the Ford. All of these points are personal preference and don't affect the two trucks' abilities as tow vehicles. The kind of deal you can get and availability of good, honest service may be equally important. I was/am fortunate to be able to trust both "home base" dealerships for my trucks for service and warranty work.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I didn't like the DEF filler under the hood on the GMC (and on the opposite side from the fuel filler) and like the DEF fill port next to the diesel port on the Ford...
    Rob
    FYI, I believe the Chevy/GMC DEF filler is next to the diesel fill on the 2020 redesign.

I actually like the under-the-hood location on my 2015, even though I need a step stool to fill it there. Absolutely no chance (well, almost [emoji16]) that I'll put DEF in the diesel, or vice versa.

Dave

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
    Can you provide us with more detail of what's important to you? I thought I recall you wanting diesel in another post. What else is important? How often do you pull? Do you use it as a daily driver? Do you like luxury? Price matter? Resale?

I'm obviously partial but I'd take a serious look at the 2019 Ram HDs as well. I honestly think they provide the best bang for the buck.

Let us know what factors are key. I have owned all 3 brands and each has their pluses and minuses.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Can you provide us with more detail of what's important to you? I thought I recall you wanting diesel in another post. What else is important? How often do you pull? Do you use it as a daily driver? Do you like luxury? Price matter? Resale?

I'm obviously partial but I'd take a serious look at the 2019 Ram HDs as well. I honestly think they provide the best bang for the buck.

Let us know what factors are key. I have owned all 3 brands and each has their pluses and minuses.
    You are correct. I have been inquiring on this forum about diesel. I pull at least 1 time per month. This is my everyday vehicle, and, I do like luxury. I've been researching mainly Ford and GM. Haven't really looked at the Dodge
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2016 Silverado 2500 4x4 Gasser

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast