User Tag List

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Central Texas Traveling To/From Houston to Austin

Found a nice campground in La Grange Texas , Colorado Landing, https://www.coloradolanding.com/
    It's not far off highway 71 that runs from I10 up to Austin. Good Sam park, free ice, nice big sites, level gravel. 30/50 H2O & sewer. 37/night. Nice friendly people.

Had to use the AC units on Friday then the furnace on Saturday night. Crazy Texas weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1952.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One we stay at often in that area is Splashway in Sheridan. Nice campground with a water park attached. Grandkids favorite trips every year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clicked on your link.....got an access denied, repeat offender !!
    Ha ha!! I wonder how they knew ? That's the first time I tried to visit the website.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clicked on your link.....got an access denied, repeat offender !!
    Ha ha!! I wonder how they knew ? That's the first time I tried to visit the website.
    Got the same

Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same. Somebody probably hacked their website. Was just there last weekend & have reservations for memorial day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great one is the Corp Engineers park at Bastrop. Nice big spaces and views of the lake. Good bathrooms and kept clean. IF you have kids a great playground area and fishing dock.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camped at Lake Fayette, Bastrop State Park, Lake Bastrop, Mckinney Falls. All are on that stretch between, Hou and Austin. Been to Splashway but haven't camped there yet although it is on our list to try. Have stayed at the Jellystone and Mystic Quarry which is up in the Canyon Lake area and are going to be at Mystic Quarry for Mem Day weekend. Can honestly say they are all quality spots as that is a beautiful part of the state. ( Much better before the fire but, Oh well)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can snag a reservation, McKinney Falls State Park is a great place to stay if you want to check out Austin. It's less than 10 miles to downtown/ UT campus with W/E and nicely spaced, mostly shades sites. Forget about a site if there is a Longhorn home game that weekend.