Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Canyon South Rim

Planning a trip to stay around Grand Canyon South Rim in April 1, 2020.
    Any recommendation about a campground in the area? My search showed Trailer Village RV Park within the park that has full hookup. What is your review if you stayed there?
    Thanks for your input.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Any recommendation about a campground in the area? My search showed Trailer Village RV Park within the park that has full hookup. What is your review if you stayed there?
    Thanks for your input.
    We were there last May, it was fine, nothing special about the Camp Ground. It has adequate rest rooms and is all full hookup. Very convenient for touring within the park and real handy for evening activities, sun rises and sunsets are awesome and you are very near the rim. Nearest full hookups are a couple hours south. Fuel, restaurants are just south of the park entrance. I recall fuel was very expensive gas was more expensive than diesel both pushing $4.
    Oh, and you will likely see Elk roaming the campground.
    There is a shuttle bus stop at the CG entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's Easter Week (actually 2 weeks, one before one after), be prepared for long lines into the park & NO parking in the lots. The place is packed. We went three years ago, made reservation in the park...didn't think about Easter till the day after we got there. We got around on our bikes, they helped but it was WHOA crowded. Their water bibs are not frost free & they froze every night we were there (we always carry water on board) It was amusing tho drinking coffee in the morning watching other campers beating their hoses on the picnic table...they were watching me do it our first day.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    If it's Easter Week (actually 2 weeks, one before one after), be prepared for long lines into the park & NO parking in the lots. The place is packed. We went three years ago, made reservation in the park...didn't think about Easter till the day after we got there. We got around on our bikes, they helped but it was WHOA crowded. Their water bibs are not frost free & they froze every night we were there (we always carry water on board) It was amusing tho drinking coffee in the morning watching other campers beating their hoses on the picnic table...they were watching me do it our first day.
    Planning to be there March 29 - April 4
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for your input.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    I’d like to tag onto this thread too,please. Maybe I’ll see you there. My wife and I were planning the same timeframe (so as to beat the heat). I guess were a little different as Canadiens; we’re not traveling south for the heat or to escape the cold. We just love fall type weather. Definitely despise hot weather. I’m sweating just thinking about it.
    Look for a shiny 354 Momentum.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there two weeks ago and stayed in the RV village and absolutely loved it. Very centrally located and and made it easy for getting going first thing before everyone else filtered in.

Make sure that you hike the rim trail early in the morning before it gets crowded, we had it mostly to ourselves until about 9:30. The views from the train in-between the overlooks is well worth the hike. I second the suggestion about bikes, the green trail is a lot of fun to ride.

Lastly, don't leave your sewer hoses out, the ravens seem to be attracted to putting holes
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is there a “North” rim that is less crowded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Is there a “North” rim that is less crowded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is far more primitive at the North Rim. It is also higher, so the snow can be there if you are too early. I loved the North Rim. We camped in a tent at both rim campgrounds and were traveling on the Roadking (HD). Eating breakfast in the North Rim Lodge with the rim view is a must do thing.

Reservations are necessary. There is some boondockin' areas on the north side.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did it last year in mid April. We boondocked just south of town in the National Forest and loved it. Almost had to ourselves. But as mentioned that puts a damper on the early and late activities along the rim.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast