User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Farewell Grand Design!

Long story short, we were planning on buying a boat and sailing around the world after we got our fill of RV'ing.
    But, it turns out recent events have bumped our schedule up a bit...

I've never played the lottery, believe it or not, I just couldn't get my head around the odds, it's not logical.
    But something came over me and I bought my first lottery ticket last week. Turns out, I won!
    Not Zillions of dollars, but enough to ensure we live comfortably from now on.

So we started looking for a nice boat and found a sweet deal on this
    1960 65 foot Chris Craft that has been completely redone stem to stern.

It is already set up with solar and lithium and has 2 generators, all brand new, so we don't need our solar gear anymore.
    In honor of our newfound luck, we wanted to share the wealth with our friends here at the forum by giving away $4,000 worth of batteries.
    The first person to PM me the phrase "DaveMatthewsBand is a giant love muffin" gets all 4 of our Battle Born lithiums for FREE!
    We'll just buy a couple of cheap lead acids and throw them in the compartment so there's something in there when we sell the trailer to the dealership.

Good luck!

April Fools!
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that is pulling my leg....I forgot what day it was
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha Ha Ha.....almost pulled the trigger
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok , I did it , just for the chance of owning something from Dave Matthews Band , are you kidding , I jumped at it , hoping I can get him to autograph them also.
    They were my favorite until Dixie Chicks came along...….

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Ok, I did it, just for the chance of owning something from Dave Matthews Band,
    are you kidding, I jumped at it, hoping I can get him to autograph them also.
    They were my favorite until Dixie Chicks came along...….

Brian
    Ouch, that hurts...
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a close call for us. 25 years in Florida and most of them boating years. Fishing, cruising, scuba, many good years. Retirement was approaching and we were big time into upgrading our boat to something we could do the Caribbean circuit with. A 1960 CC was not on the short list. But then we started looking at the number of ports we could get into vs the number of campgrounds we could get into. Eventually full time RV'ing won out primarily because of the diversity of activities. We may go back to boating one day, we actually loved it, but we were constrained by the number of places we could go and the activities we could participate in, beside, we had already seen most of it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Long story short, we were planning on buying a boat and sailing around the world after we got our fill of RV'ing.
    But, it turns out recent events have bumped our schedule up a bit...

I've never played the lottery, believe it or not, I just couldn't get my head around the odds, it's not logical.
    But something came over me and I bought my first lottery ticket last week. Turns out, I won!
    Not Zillions of dollars, but enough to ensure we live comfortably from now on.

So we started looking for a nice boat and found a sweet deal on this
    1960 65 foot Chris Craft that has been completely redone stem to stern.

It is already set up with solar and lithium and has 2 generators, all brand new, so we don't need our solar gear anymore.
    In honor of our newfound luck, we wanted to share the wealth with our friends here at the forum by giving away $4,000 worth of batteries.
    The first person to PM me the phrase "DaveMatthewsBand is a giant love muffin" gets all 4 of our Battle Born lithiums for FREE!
    We'll just buy a couple of cheap lead acids and throw them in the compartment so there's something in there when we sell the trailer to the dealership.

Good luck!

April Fools!
    Can you tow that with 150 EcoBoost... lol
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrazyBoat.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	18906

Why give up one hobby for another?
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a large Chris Craft in our local marina last year, and couldn't get over all the mahogany that'd have to be kept up.

As a boater, I would just love to be one of the Great Loopers. We often see the Loopers coming by our Tennessee River home before going down the Tenn./Tombigbee Waterway to Mobile. I will often stop and talk to them--in awe to see they're brave enough to sell all their worldly possessions and buy a 30-40' boat for the odyssey. They're not much different than full time RV'ers in spirit.

But it's still much less expensive to purchase a fifth wheel trailer and tow vehicle to be a Full Timer than it is to be a Great Looper.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    ...But it's still much less expensive to purchase a fifth wheel trailer and tow vehicle to be a Full Timer than it is to be a Great Looper.
    This is true. It's also amazing to see how much less living space there is in a boat - power or sail - for a given length compared to the same length fifth wheel. (Class As are more like boats in that you give up living space to the engine compartment and cab area.) From the time we were kids, my late wife and I dreamed of living aboard a sailboat full-time. I sailed most of my adult life (up until my first wife died) and came to understand the space constraints, logistical issues of living aboard, and the massive amounts of maintenance and upkeep on a boat. "Other Rob" (the one in Canada) seems to do a good job of splitting his time and resources between RVing and a good-sized boat. He also seems to have more resources than I do... As retirement approached, RVing became the more sensible choice for Laura and me. None of this has stopped me from looking and dreaming whenever we're near water, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast