User Tag List

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Campground roulette

Although I've been camping for several years now, this was the first chance to play the fun game. Looking at a CG in Nova Scotia for mid September. Reservations opened this morning. I had the reservation form filled out, and started clicking as the time on the web page clicked over to the start time. Within 5 seconds, someone else grabbed the preferred site. And then the web site slowed to a crawl....and bombed me out. When I was finally able to get back in, all the most desireable sites were gone. Sigh. I got a spot, so should at least be grateful for that. Looks to be a really nice area, but it isn't as big a deal as Florida in the winter, and it was getting to be the end of the season. Who would have thought that competition was so fierce?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have the same issue with provincial parks on Ontario. Hard to get in especially on long weekends.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVs of every shape and size are being built in record numbers. Few (if any) new campgrounds are being built or existing ones expanded. This is what we will all have to deal with until the next major downturn of the economy knocks this back.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good reason to set your rig up for dry camping. When we can’t find a campground we do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife was on the site second it opened this am same issues, declined CC and tried again different CC same thing happened. After 30 minutes on the phone got a live person and got the site we wanted. In fact the CC was not declined s it went through but the park system screwed it up so now we have to wait on a refund. Oh the joys
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount