User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire balancing - Dyna Beads

I am going to install a TPMS to our 2019 303RLS this spring. As recommended, I am going to have metal valve stems installed. It seems logical to have everything balanced at this time.

In reading past threads about tire balancing and cone centric vs lug centric as well as shop capabilities and competencies, I am wondering if it wouldn’t be best to go with Dyna Beads. I’m no engineer but from what I have read about them the physics seems to make sense and the people who use them say they work. Why aren’t they then the industry standard instead of weights? I am leaning toward the Dyna Beads to eliminate the potential issues with machine balancing mentioned above.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    I am going to install a TPMS to our 2019 303RLS this spring. As recommended, I am going to have metal valve stems installed. It seems logical to have everything balanced at this time.

In reading past threads about tire balancing and cone centric vs lug centric as well as shop capabilities and competencies, I am wondering if it wouldn’t be best to go with Dyna Beads. I’m no engineer but from what I have read about them the physics seems to make sense and the people who use them say they work. Why aren’t they then the industry standard instead of weights? I am leaning toward the Dyna Beads to eliminate the potential issues with machine balancing mentioned above.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    I've used them for years in my motorcycle tires and they worked great. With that said, I've stopped using them. The tire shops hate them as the beads go everywhere when removing the tire from the wheel. I'd hesitate using them with an internal TPMS, too, as the beads will probably pulverize when they strike the sensor.

Get wheel & tires balanced the old fashioned way when the TPMS is installed. Or get the dynamic balancers (can't think of their name at the moment).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are tens of thousands of Dyna Beads discussions on the Internet. The bottom line seems to be 50/50 as to whether or not they are effective, but 100% against their use with TPMS. Personally, I have always felt a good solid static or rotating balance solves any balance problems without introducing any unknown variables (or mess) into the mix by balancing with Dyna Beads
    Last edited by JColeman; 04-04-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dynamic balancers from Centramatic www.centramatic.com are way better than Dyna beads. Last longer, can be moved to another unit if need be and they just work. Plain and simple with no more balance issues. I have been running them and will continue running them
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill