User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBetty View Post
    Jerryr,
    If you have the time, would you be able to snap a measure measurement from the cab to the center of the gooseball?
    Just measured. It looks like 36.5” plus or minus 0.5”, from center of ball to closest point of back window.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    It is available on both short and long bed trucks.

Here’s a picture of my Andersen hitch attached to the factory prep package ball and pucks on my 2019 F350 short bed.

My apologies, I've just never seen one with it, we don't order them that way.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 04-18-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerryr,

Interesting. That is the same measurement as my RAM short box. I would have thought with the 10” longer wheel base and 4” longer bed that Ford has would have a greater measurement between the cab and center of bed. Guess Ford decided to give that space to its generously sized cab.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2017 F350 CCSB PSD FX4 Platinum (20in tires & HD front springs) and tow a 28BH. Our reflection was nose high from the start on this new TV. I started with the AUH and was nose high with just under 5" of clearance which made me nervous. If I put it in the highest position, good clearance but added to the nose high situation. I switched hitches to to the Demco autoslider and gained over an inch of clearance in the middle position but obviously didn't fix the nose high situation. Thus far I have swapped out my 15in wheels to 16in (our trailer is a 2018 and had the 2" square tube on the frame required to make the change) and then went with the GY Endurance ST235/85/16 which is about the largest tire that will fit and still make min. clearance. That change resulted in 1.75" of lift. I then made some changes to the suspension of the trailer and swapped out the stock LCI equalizers for MorRyde SRE4000 equalizer with the HD wetbolt & shackle kit combined with sumo springs over the stock springs (which are a bit flat for my liking) and got another 1/2-3/4 of lift. All in all, very happy with the upgrades. Trailer is still a bit nose high, less than where I started and I feel much better about about it. If I had to do it again, I'd like go with a Ford trim version that had 18in tire option (Platinum only has 20in) and would likely be golden with the current setup.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rumor has it for Ford 2020 they are lowering the bed height. How much and if it is on the F250 of F350 who knows. In my case I think I will be OK per the dealer, or they have recommended a good frame shop in Farmington NM that can add a lift to the trailer and reinforce the frame and hangers for the extra height. I do know on the 19 models that they squat about 3" under a light load (for a softer ride) On my current 04 dully it squats very little under a light load. Right now I would guess I am slightly nose down when towing.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerscol,
    I have heard the same rumor that Ford was planning to lower the bed height. Because I can’t find what I want I will probably end up ordering my truck, so I may wait to see what ford does.
    Last edited by GrandBetty; 04-20-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Grammar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123