User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Dan, if you have a 2014 and have the 2" tube added to frame and upgraded to 16" wheels and tires then my Reflection 2016 with the 2" tube on the frame should be ok for the 16" upgrade. I am planning to stay with the original axles. With my setup I am pretty level I would imaging I would stay pretty close after going to 6"". Thanks for the information. I really would like Grand Design to give me some guidance. Like is the 2" addition the only change to allow 16" rims and tires. I am sure someone there knows. Especially if Grand Design chanced the Reflections to 16 " to help with reducing blowouts. That's a safety issue. Sure wish they would help . I know they didn't just install 16 " rims and tires for the fun of it !! The 16" Goodyear tires are rated 3420lbs and have a diameter of 30.8 I would think they will work. Thanks for your help. Duke !
    Are you waiting to hear back from GDRV Customer Service Center or have you not contacted them yet ? I suggest calling them to ask your questions getting to the proper person who can answer them. Have your VIN handy as they can ensure the discussion is applicable to your 303.

Here is the CSC # 574 825 9679

Keep us posted and let us know if more question or if we can help.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan, I appreciate your information. I am trying to be sure of my move to 16" tires before ordering. I have contacted Grand Design via the GrandDesign customer center but not by phone. I guess that is my next step.
    Here is their reply. It really does not help me as I believe you can see,
    WOW! I am very surprised. You know my Reflection has the 2" addition to the frame that allows the use of 16" tires . My unit has 6 lugs like the newer reflections. Part of my question is what is the tire size on the new Reflection 303rls what is the lugs on the new Reflection 303 I hear they are 6lugs. You do know the size of tire installed on the newer reflection I believe it is 235/80R 16 . Why can you not tell me that ? and why can you not tell me the amount of lugs . Probably even know the lug pattern , 5 1/2 . Good thing I have the Grand Design Forum. I was expecting GD to help. I also think you know the 2" addition to the Reflection Frame allows for 16 inch wheels . You probably know the clearance from the 15"wheel to the frame is 5" and that the wheel to wheel distance is 7". I am very surprised that Grand Design does not know this. I can't believe you & the engineers do not know every bit of this , They don't build the trailers with out all this information. Again I was after the basic information as noted in my email. I wonder why Grand Design is now installing 16" tires?? Do you think it was just a sudden move. Do you think they did not know the tire sizs they were going to install or the clearance to the frame?? This is starting to look like any other dealer. Guess I need to ask these questions at the next rally. The question being WHY can Grand Design not supply this information? OR Why do they not know the tire size on a new unit? OR the amount of lugs? The last east coast rally had a person there that was discussing all these items.. Wonder why. Thanks sorry to express my concerns but how will Gd stay above the others if they do not know these things are going out to the customers. Sorry !Just trying to make my Grand Design as good as I can. Thank You for listening.. Fred Didn't want to have a problem that I could have prevented with a little technical help from Grand Design ,
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan, I appreciate your information. I am trying to be sure of my move to 16" tires before ordering. I have contacted Grand Design via the GrandDesign customer center but not by phone. I guess that is my next step.
    Here is their reply. It really does not help me as I believe you can see,
    WOW! I am very surprised. You know my Reflection has the 2" addition to the frame that allows the use of 16" tires . My unit has 6 lugs like the newer reflections. Part of my question is what is the tire size on the new Reflection 303rls what is the lugs on the new Reflection 303 I hear they are 6lugs. You do know the size of tire installed on the newer reflection I believe it is 235/80R 16 . Why can you not tell me that ? and why can you not tell me the amount of lugs . Probably even know the lug pattern , 5 1/2 . Good thing I have the Grand Design Forum. I was expecting GD to help. I also think you know the 2" addition to the Reflection Frame allows for 16 inch wheels . You probably know the clearance from the 15"wheel to the frame is 5" and that the wheel to wheel distance is 7". I am very surprised that Grand Design does not know this. I can't believe you & the engineers do not know every bit of this , They don't build the trailers with out all this information. Again I was after the basic information as noted in my email. I wonder why Grand Design is now installing 16" tires?? Do you think it was just a sudden move. Do you think they did not know the tire sizs they were going to install or the clearance to the frame?? This is starting to look like any other dealer. Guess I need to ask these questions at the next rally. The question being WHY can Grand Design not supply this information? OR Why do they not know the tire size on a new unit? OR the amount of lugs? The last east coast rally had a person there that was discussing all these items.. Wonder why. Thanks sorry to express my concerns but how will Gd stay above the others if they do not know these things are going out to the customers. Sorry !Just trying to make my Grand Design as good as I can. Thank You for listening.. Fred Didn't want to have a problem that I could have prevented with a little technical help from Grand Design ,
    It is unfortunate that you do not seem to be getting answers. Do call and have a conversation. The valued dynamics of conversations are important. If you have a phone contact who does not seem to be getting resolution, do not hesitate to ask for a Supervisor or Manager.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan , I will give that a try. All I want is to be sure what I am about to do is correct and not get in a bind by making a mitake. I do appreciate you help. THANKS ! Duke
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for help. Looks like I am good to make the change to 16" Now I have to decide between Westlake 235/80R 16 E with nitrogen or Goodyear Endurance 235 80R 16 E Without nitrogen ?? Getting closer . The Westlake tires are mounted and ready to go. The Goodyear Endurance have to be ordered tire and wheel separately.
    any thoughts ??
    Last edited by duke13; 04-09-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for help. Looks like I am good to make the change to 16" Now I have to decide between Westlake 235/80R 16 E with nitrogen or Goodyear Endurance 235 80R 16 E Without nitrogen ?? Getting closer . The Westlake tires are mounted and ready to go. The Goodyear Endurance have to be ordered tire and wheel separately.
    any thoughts ??
    Plenty of discussions on here about the west lakes, some, myself included, have been running them , some with lots of miles , with no issues. I think the major issues is with over weight and not monitoring tire pressures.
    This is you own decision to make.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any thoughts ??
    Brian shared a couple key areas of which along with other items previously shared are important to tire dependability. Continue doing your due diligence and at some point you will be more and more educated and informed thus comfortable with your decision.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any thoughts ??
    I would not put any stock in "nitrogen fill" vs. air. It is mostly a marketing gimmick. Air is 78% (i.e mostly) nitrogen. However, I would try to get as dry of air as practical. Moisture will cause far more issues. A good tire shop should drain the condensation out of their air tanks regularly and even better if they run some type of dryer (there are multiple types) on the air lines. This is especially important in humid area of the country.

If there is not a significant price difference, I would go with the Goodyear, but the bigger factor is do not overload and keep them at the proper pressure. As others have said, lots of discussions in the forums.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input ! I am good on weight. My Reflection303rls rear wheels weigh 8500 when attached to the truck, and loaded for vacation. I have always weighed my trailers on truck Cat scales.
    I also have a tire monitor system that we constantly keep am eye on while traveling. My current Westlake tires can handle 2830 per tire ,11,320 total so that is good. They do have nitrogen in the tires. I topped my tires off sometime in November for a short trip and it was cold not sure how cold. I just checked the tires and it was about 60 here and the tire pressure was 83 psi. Back in November the tires were inflated to 80lbs. Jest of the story on nitrogen, maybe it does help retain the pressure. That was about 4 - 5 months. Again I appreciate all the input.
    Last edited by duke13; 04-10-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think I have finally made my decision. Thanks to all for the comments and support. I believe I am going to go with the Goodyear Endurance tires 16" 235/80R 16 E ( MADE IN AMERICA ) they give me 3420 lbs per tire = 13.680 and a speed rating of 87 mph. 13,680 - 8500 = 5.180 ( weight on the tires while traveling ) while attached to my truck =5180/4 = 1,295 extra per tire while traveling. This should be enough of a safety factor. The other thought is if Grand Design is now installing 16" tires on the Reflection 303 RLS maybe it would be prudent to do the same. AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INPUT !
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast