User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator space in Reflection 337RL?

Hi everyone! My first post here. We have never owned an RV and are looking at a 2014 337RL. I love the floor plan, but am very hesitant to purchase, due to the single fridge in it, as we plan to live in it while remodeling our house and then going full-time possibly later on.

I cook all our meals from scratch, so I have lots of veggies in our current home fridge. I would love to know how any of you that cook from scratch have been faring with the small fridge. BTW...is it 8 cu'?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct - the two-door frig is 8 cu. ft. We are full-timers, "Nutritarians" (my wife eats no animal products and I eat nothing but some chicken once every week or two). We limit eating out and almost all of our meals are prepared in the rig. So, we are produce-heavy. We have a four-door, 12 cu. ft. frig in our 337 and find, even with the larger frig, space can get tight. We both learned, living overseas, that not everything that Americans think needs to be refrigerated must be. We have stacking crates tucked under the kitchen island overhang that hold potatoes, onions, garlic, and all manner of fresh fruit. The cherry tomatoes sit out on the buffet. You'll be more limited with the smaller frig, but you can probably figure out a way to do it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We eat a lot of veggies and salads and find the size to be fine. Just need to get fresh stuff weekly.....we are full timing now for a year and have the 12cu ft version. 8 could be pretty tight.....maybe a small college fridge on hutch or in storage bay?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You are correct - the two-door frig is 8 cu. ft. We are full-timers, "Nutritarians" (my wife eats no animal products and I eat nothing but some chicken once every week or two). We limit eating out and almost all of our meals are prepared in the rig. So, we are produce-heavy. We have a four-door, 12 cu. ft. frig in our 337 and find, even with the larger frig, space can get tight. We both learned, living overseas, that not everything that Americans think needs to be refrigerated must be. We have stacking crates tucked under the kitchen island overhang that hold potatoes, onions, garlic, and all manner of fresh fruit. The cherry tomatoes sit out on the buffet. You'll be more limited with the smaller frig, but you can probably figure out a way to do it.

Rob
    Rob you must get awfully hungry just eating chicken every two weeks. How do you do it? I go for three meals a day.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You guys are spoiled. We full time with an 8 cuft fridge. We’re making the transition to entirely plant based. We rarely ever have meat. In doing so I’ve reversed diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and lost weight.
    The majority of our nations health problems are directly linked to our horrible diets and all the processed food.
    I proved that by just changing what I eat and watched my health improve dramatically. Proof you can actually reverse disease with diet.

We hardly ever eat out because pretty much all fast food is horrible for you.
    We also save a ton of money preparing our own meals.

It would be nice to have a 12 cuft!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-06-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Rob you must get awfully hungry just eating chicken every two weeks. How do you do it? I go for three meals a day.
    I've been on statins for years (mostly triglycerides). My wife was overweight and on a statins and two meds for hypertension. Someone we know from the RV-Dreams forums introduced us to a book titled "Eat To Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Laura committed before I did and dropped 50 lbs. in about 8 months... and has kept it off for 1-1/2 years at this point. She's off her statin and one BP med and feels WORLDS better. I didn't have as much weight to loose (about 10 lbs.), but lost that and have kept it off. I also have brought down my serum lipids and feel better. Dr. Fuhrman allows - and I take advantage of - occasional forays into "meat world" and enjoy it when I do. Consumption of animal products, especially fatty or processed meats and cheeses, is a leading cause of early death (lots of peer reviewed research on the subject). Bottom line, on this lifestyle we eat all we want and it's delicious... it's just not animal products.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rob check out a documentary on Netflix called Forks over Knives.
    A lot of truths are revealed.
    Makes you realize why there’s so many overweight people and so much disease in the US now. It’s nearly all related to diet.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you folks that veg out with little or no meat share a typical meal plan. I need to do this and I am guessing others do to. Please share other resources too such as kook books, etc. I quit drinking Jan 1 but I am gaining weight - should be loosing it. Thanks
    Keith
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-06-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have gone way off topic pretty fast on this one
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Rob check out a documentary on Netflix called Forks over Knives.
    A lot of truths are revealed.
    Makes you realize why there’s so many overweight people and so much disease in the US now. It’s nearly all related to diet.

Yes - one of the first things my wife made me watch (several years ago). There's all sorts of good, informative material out there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast