User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’d also like to point out the 6.4 Hemi (gas) is available in the Ram 3500.
    If you’re on a budget (and buying new) you can save several thousand dollars by going with this motor.
    If you’re on a tight budget you can find a used one to save even more since that motor came out in 2014.
    Plus, the heavy duty Aisin transmission is an available option with that motor.
    A buddy of mine has that setup and tows a slightly heavier Reflection than mine and he has no problems keeping up with me.
    (We are caravanning for the next few months).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0887.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	19306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0885.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	19307[/ATTACH]So all, here is the story..... We were on our way to scope out a campground that we will be camping at next weekend. I had been looking at some used 2500's on Car Guru and there was one that didn't look too bad on our way. We stopped & we decided to pass on it but looked at a 2018 new... We decided to go on our journey. (I have spoiled my DH with some of the nicer upgrades on his 1500 and we both think they were good upgrades, such as heated steering wheel & seats, sensors front & back , fold in mirrors etc....) While on the road I was looking some more & found a used one to look at close by our house. I called them & asked the sales guy to just take pics of the door tags both white & yellow... He didn't know about the yellow one...LOL taught him something yesterday.... Anyway, we decided to look at it on the way home. When we saw the used 2017, the wheels were more mud designer tires, and some of the options were lean - like had to manually fold in mirrors - which could be a drag in the rain.... We looked at a new 18 that had a better price than anything else out there right now. The 19's are out, but not on floors, because they are trying to get rid of the 18's so they were priced to move. We looked at an 18 that had all we wanted & a price that sounded as good as we were going to get... Got them to throw in some extras & took it home last nite at 10:30pm! So we got a 2500 gasser, that will take 5500/6500 on the axles, and payload of 3300# and yes, tow weight is a little low at 12,630, but as we know, that ain't everything! We are now set for the next 10 years! We have the trailer we want & a good truck to tow it, God willing!
    Last edited by zadiemay; 04-13-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding some pics!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice.....congrats!!!!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great News! Glad you found something that will keep you safe and happy.
    Enjoy the new set up.

Brian

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Looks like a Laramie trim level? Which would be very well appointed

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Congratulations! Looks like a Laramie trim level? Which would be very well appointed

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Yes it is. The only thing it’s missing in our opinion is remote start! Running boards are on the way! This beast is way to tall for my vertically challenged legs!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you didn't stray to the dark side (Ford for GM) :-) . Congratulations on your new truck. Laramie level trim gives you a lot of nice features. I like it because you can have those features and still have a bench seat in the front with leather. And the heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel are nice features. After owning all three brands, I can say that the Uconnect infotainment system is my favorite. Sit back, relax and enjoy your travels in that sweet new coil rear suspension Ram powered by a 6.4L Hemi V8.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, one more quick thing. I know that you mentioned you ordered running boards already but I highly recommend getting the wheel to wheel running boards. They only cost like $50-$75 more than the standard length ones. You'll appreciate it every time you try to access something at the front of your bed or roll/unroll a tonneau cover. And in my case, with my fifthwheel and Andersen hitch, I step up to unhook safety chains. They even claimed a slight fuel efficiency gain on my 1500 due to less drag. Negligible gains but worth it when you want to get in the truck bed without climbing from the tailgate.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your new truck looks identical to mine...2500, 6.4 hemi, Laramie, black. It's an awesome towing vehicle for campers the size of mine, a 28000bh, and yours. I've only pulled a few times with it, as I only purchased it last fall late, but it did great.
    I did have to get a new drop shank for my hitch since the new truck sits higher than my previous 1500, but e trailer fixed me up with that.
    Another good point... it still fits in my garage.��
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Your new truck looks identical to mine...2500, 6.4 hemi, Laramie, black. It's an awesome towing vehicle for campers the size of mine, a 28000bh, and yours. I've only pulled a few times with it, as I only purchased it last fall late, but it did great.
    I did have to get a new drop shank for my hitch since the new truck sits higher than my previous 1500, but e trailer fixed me up with that.
    Another good point... it still fits in my garage.��
    Glad to hear it does so well. Ours is a dark gray, almost black. A compromise. He likes black, I don’t. Lol
    Unfortunately, this will never fit in our garage. Even the Dodge Dakota was too long for our short garage. [emoji31]
    Our first trip is Friday & he was going to wait to make any adjustments until then, I will suggest again, not to wait to make sure it all works together.
    Thanks!
    Lorna

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast