User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would suggest you adjust the hitch prior to the trip. You sure don't want to travel camper nose high.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our parking for Bessie is beside our house, which is nice, but the drive is a hill & so he has to bring it out & take it to the bottom of the hill to work on it. He was trying to not have to back it back up the hill, around the tree, moving vehicles and into the narrow gates....But Practice will make it easier...(he got good with the smaller trailer) As I sit here, it is HAILING! Got to love the midwest weather!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No hail here in central Indiana but an inch of rain and 30 mph wind. Possible flurries this evening. 70 degrees next Tuesday. Midwest weather is the best.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Your new truck looks identical to mine...2500, 6.4 hemi, Laramie, black. It's an awesome towing vehicle for campers the size of mine, a 28000bh, and yours. I've only pulled a few times with it, as I only purchased it last fall late, but it did great.
    I did have to get a new drop shank for my hitch since the new truck sits higher than my previous 1500, but e trailer fixed me up with that.
    Another good point... it still fits in my garage.��
    Hubby wants to know if you had 18" or 20" tires on your old 1500. What year was it? The good news is E-trailer is only 8 miles from our location....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a 2013 1500, 5.7 hemi, quad cab. Great truck, hated to get rid of it. It had 20s. New truck has 18s. Both 4wd.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Now he agrees we may have problems! LOL Men....We look forward to this new truck! it's little more bouncy & way harder to get my but up in the seats. Good thing we had a step for the old camper that we are now using for me to get in & out of the truck until we get the running boards. I sure hope they are low enough for me!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will get used to the ride. Now the step up may be a challenge. I'm 5'7", 72, with arthritis in the knees. I understand.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    Hubby wants to know if you had 18" or 20" tires on your old 1500. What year was it? The good news is E-trailer is only 8 miles from our location....
    Remember that the outside diameter of the tire stays about the same on any given truck, even with different wheel diameters. (Unless you have oversized aftermarket wheels and tires). The tire sidewall height is reduced with larger rim diameters. This is so that the manufacturer doesn't have to have different speedometer/odometer calibrations for different OEM tires.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, so I just heard you met my DH! LOL I have had surgery on 2 knees so feel your pain!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ...one of you on the forum, one of you on the Facebook group. What are the chances??
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast