User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical Component Question

Was tiding up my front compartment on my 337RLS and came upon these components. I guess I've gone brain dead because I don't have a clue as to what these are for or do. Are these as simple as a buss bar? I see that the two on the left are tied together on their top poles by a copper strap. Anyone care to de-fog my brain?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring5.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	19057

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are self resetting circuit breakers on the 12V portion of the electrical system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    They are self resetting circuit breakers on the 12V portion of the electrical system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! I had consider that, but they aren't what I'm use to seeing/using (boating experience) like these: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/blue-...9?recordNum=38

Tom
    Tom & Donna

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Thanks!! I had consider that, but they aren't what I'm use to seeing/using (boating experience) like these: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/blue-...9?recordNum=38

Tom
    You could ask GD for a wiring diagram. Wait a minute! This wiring is top secret. No can do.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh - oh.....hijacking my own thread.

Another brain dead question. Again, coming from the marine world, all the battery disconnect switches I've ever installed had only Positive (+) wires connected to their posts. The disconnect switch on my 337 has both a Positive (+) and a Negative (-) connected to it. I'm confused as to how the switch disconnects the battery from the system. Anyone care to explain?

Tom
    Tom & Donna

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As @FT4NOW said these are auto reset breakers. The gold side is the power coming in the silver side is the load side. I learned this when I re-did my battery disconnect.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In there infinite wisdom they run a red wire to the disconnect and a black wire back to the breaker. In the lower right of your picture there are 2 black wires , 1 comes from the disconnect and the other goes to convert , this is how mine is done. I can not understand why they have to do this , I guess to confuse people.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,

It is hard to keep up with you when you hijack your own thread, 5 posts in LOL.

The breakers in post 1 are for the slide motors. GDRV makes use of these as a buss bar for other connections as well.

WRT post 5 . . . don’t confuse the colour of the insulation on the wire with the electricity inside . GDRV brings a red wire from the battery to the disconnect switch and then uses a black wire from the disconnect switch to the main panel. Logic seems to be because in the “battery connection world” +ve is Red and -ve is Black. But in the “RV world” any colour (including black) is +ve and -ve is always white.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Tom,

It is hard to keep up with you when you hijack your own thread, 5 posts in LOL.

The breakers in post 1 are for the slide motors. GDRV makes use of these as a buss bar for other connections as well.

WRT post 5 . . . don’t confuse the colour of the insulation on the wire with the electricity inside . GDRV brings a red wire from the battery to the disconnect switch and then uses a black wire from the disconnect switch to the main panel. Logic seems to be because in the “battery connection world” +ve is Red and -ve is Black. But in the “RV world” any colour (including black) is +ve and -ve is always white.

Rob
    I'm just so full of sh......uh....er.....questions today.

Breakers and buss bar.....that's a novel approach. I'm assuming the breaker rating is stamped on the body some where.

So if I installed a new battery disconnect switch like a Perko or Blue Sea Systems, the +ive (red wire) is connected to the Input lug and the -ve (black wire) would be connected to the Output lug?

Oh....and you misspelled color. LOL....

Tom
    Tom & Donna

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me wonder if the colors the factory uses, Red for (+) on the batteries, then Black for (+), White for (-) in the rest of the RV also confuse the dealers and users.
    Maybe why wires get reversed on converters and inverters and pop the fuses or fry the inverters.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast