User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 - 2800BH rear heat issue

I am new to RV ownership and am generally pleased with the unit. However.... the length of the heating duct from the kitchen to rear of unit makes for very poor heat distribution. I have spoken with GD and their suggestions not helpful. Anyone out there solve this problem ( besides space heater )?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to check the registers where the heat should come out. Sometimes these are not hooked up correctly. Also if you have access to the back of the furnace you make check there as well.
    There have been many that have had problems like this and after searching they usually find some kind of problem that needs fixed.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian. We had General RV go over all the connections and included GD in the process. We are thinking about blocking the ducts into the bedroom and force the heat to the rear of the unit. The bedroom gets too hot and the thermostat is near the door to the bedroom so the heat shuts off. Used an electric space heater for the trip last week...but without hookups we're out of luck. Otherwise the 2800 is great for family camping. love the floorplan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!
    New to RVing as well. This is my first my first post. Came here to ask the same question about our brand new 2400bh. Hot in the bedroom but not as much toward the bunks. The bathroom seems like it has a heat vent but no air comes out & it’s freezing. YNewman, did you ever try blocking the heat vent or have any other advice?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you go in the bathroom and remove the cover under the shower to see the furnace hose you will find it does a double 90° jog. It’s pretty much useless. I found I was able to straighten mine out slightly to get a little better performance but still not that great.

If I was going to use this trailer in any winter style conditions I would definitely have a space heater in the back. The other plan was to install an electric fireplace below the TV as they have done and some models. Should be pretty easy to just order the trim parts from another imagine model that matches our television cabinet and stick the fireplace there. Then at least you have an electric heater near the back.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem in my 2020 2800bh. The first thing I did was check for disconnected or kinked ducts but found all intact. IMO the heat design in the 2800bh, and probably the 2400bh, is wholly inadequate.
    Here's what I have found.
    There is a 4" heat vent blowing right at the thermostat and another a few feet away in the bedroom. The only other heat vents are 1 underneath the pantry and 1 in the bathroom. Unfortunately, if you look closely you'll find that both of thes are only 2" and given that the bath vent runs under the floor it carries very little warm air. As it stands now there is very little you can do to equalize the heat.
    However,
    If you open the cabinet under the kitchen sink you can remove the panel on the right side to access the heat plenum. On mine, If you reach up with your hand you'll find in the upper left hand corner is a blank covering another 4" cut out. My solution, which I haven't tried yet, would be to add another duct to the plenum, remove the drawers and fuse box and run the duct behind the stove and bring it out under the pantry. You could then probably re-work the duct to the bathroom by pulling the colorplast. This is probably not a project for the faint of heart but it should be doable.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2400BH I partially blocked the outlet in the bedroom and underneath the flip-up countertop with aluminum foil - not the prettiest and not usually the way I mod things but it has worked effectively and the foil can't be seen anyway.

The furnace is under the kitchen counter between the sink and the stove, so the outlets to the front bedroom and under the flip counter are mere inches from the furnace. Partially blocking them forces more air throughout the trailer and more evenly distributes the heat. There are vents available with adjustable vanes but I couldn't find any when we were camping in cooler weather so I improvised. It's worked well!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed adjustable vents on the kitchen & bedroom vents. It seemed to increase the number cycles for the heater. My thinking is that the decreased air flow may cause a heat limiter switch to shut down the heat.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    I installed adjustable vents on the kitchen & bedroom vents. It seemed to increase the number cycles for the heater. My thinking is that the decreased air flow may cause a heat limiter switch to shut down the heat.
    I did the same thing on my 2800. I have not noticed any type of short cycling of the furnace. Although my furnace does run frequently in cold weather (ei: 5 minutes on to get it to temp then 5 minutes off; then temp in camper drops, then 5 minutes back on), I have always blamed it on the false marketing of '4 season' insulation...

I believe I read somewhere here that the factory thermostat may be to blame because if you set it to 70 degrees, the furnace will shut off when it gets to 70. But then turns back on when the thermostat drops to 69.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I believe I read somewhere here that the factory thermostat may be to blame because if you set it to 70 degrees, the furnace will shut off when it gets to 70. But then turns back on when the thermostat drops to 69.
    This could be an issue however mine starts to cycle well before it hits the set temperature, that's what makes me think it might be a limiter/air flow problem.
    We are not really cold weather campers. We generally use the heat just to warm things up before our morning shower. However, at some point I'm going to tackle this as I've described in a post above just because it bugs me.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast