User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC Filter Question, Coleman Mach unit

My Solitude has the Coleman 15K Mach AC units. The inlet filters are not rectangular but sort of rounded on either end. Curious if there is a direct replacement for that filter or do most folks just buy the square material and cut a filter to fit? My internet search has not revealed any Coleman filter that has the same shape as mine.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    My Solitude has the Coleman 15K Mach AC units. The inlet filters are not rectangular but sort of rounded on either end. Curious if there is a direct replacement for that filter or do most folks just buy the square material and cut a filter to fit? My internet search has not revealed any Coleman filter that has the same shape as mine.
    My 315 has the Coleman 15K and the filter is reusable. Yours is different? Can you post a picture?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    My 315 has the Coleman 15K and the filter is reusable. Yours is different? Can you post a picture?
    Mine are reusable. I just like to have a spare set so that when I've washed the dirty filters I can put a new set in while the dirty filters dry.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are reusable. I just like to have a spare set so that when I've washed the dirty filters I can put a new set in while the dirty filters dry.
    https://www.airxcel.com/coleman-mach...rofile/mach-15

There are links to the manuals here. Page 5 of the 01_MACH 15 Operation and Maintenance Instructions says this: If replacement filters are necessary, the filters can be purchased from most Airxcel, Inc. Authorized Service Centers. It is recommended that spare filters be carried with the RV at all times to replace worn, torn or deteriorated filters.

I couldn't make sense of this document, but RVUpgradeStore (source of link) may be able to help you: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...arts-Guide.pdf

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always good to have a spare. You might try going to one of those “all-filters” websites and enter the model number of the AC unit.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaning hint: use a old soft toothbrush and a vacuum instead of washing the filter. While one person scrubs with the toothbrush the other holds the vacuum. In no time the filter is clean and you can immediately reinstall it.