Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: level mate pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

level mate pro

I just got the level mate pro getting ready to set it up in the instructions it says I should have the slide out for leveling set up cant I set up the app and leveling without the slide out

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have to get camper perfectly level with slide out and then you put slide in and it remembers that spot. It wants to make sure that when you are done setting up at the camp site, the unit is level with the slide out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry about having the slide out. When you pull into a campsite you aren't going to have the slides out. You will level before you put the slides out.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    I wouldn't worry about having the slide out. When you pull into a campsite you aren't going to have the slides out. You will level before you put the slides out.
    This^^. Just make sure you use a good carpenter's level to do the setup and get it right. You'll be glad you took a little extra time in the long run.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, no need to have the slide(s) out for setup of the L.M. Pro. And, has been suggested, take all the time you need to get the trailer perfectly level before you save the settings....it's worth the extra time and effort. In fact, when I set mine up, I used a 4' Carpenter level. The longer it is, the better accuracy you will get. Oh, and you are going to love the LM Pro.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I agree, no need to have the slide(s) out for setup of the L.M. Pro. And, has been suggested, take all the time you need to get the trailer perfectly level before you save the settings....it's worth the extra time and effort. In fact, when I set mine up, I used a 4' Carpenter level. The longer it is, the better accuracy you will get. Oh, and you are going to love the LM Pro.
    X2. Once the level setting is locked in nothing changes. Level is level. You can level with the slide in, set the memory then move the slide out to get an understanding in how much to add for an open slide. Knowing the offset with slides extended can help when setting up at camp.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Setup is trivial and can be repeated any time. Even if the slides introduce a little lean you can reset your level at any time with a couple of taps.

I leveled my trailer with slides in and set level on the LevelMate. Then I manually checked level with the slides out to see how much difference their was and made a note. Next few times I slightly adjusted blocks each time until manual checks with slides out showed dead level. I reset level on the LevelMate and now it levels first time.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told - don't know who told me - a good practice is to level everything by the refrigerator, I have always used a good level and did the floors. I just bought a LMP, but have not installed it yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corkyrb View Post
    I was told - don't know who told me - a good practice is to level everything by the refrigerator, I have always used a good level and did the floors. I just bought a LMP, but have not installed it yet.
    Here's why that's a good idea: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...V-refrigerator

Don't miss post #18 in that thread--great presentation attached by Colan, a very knowledgeable site sponsor.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my theory but if the trailers built right then the fridge should be square to the floor and the exterior walls should be square to the floor as well. Using a level on the exterior walls or the floor should be sufficient. If you have to put your trailer out of level to get the fridge level then you got a shoddy build.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast