Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: level mate pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Just my theory but if the trailers built right then the fridge should be square to the floor and the exterior walls should be square to the floor as well. Using a level on the exterior walls or the floor should be sufficient. If you have to put your trailer out of level to get the fridge level then you got a shoddy build.
    I’ve never come across one where the freezer, floor and counter all are level at the same time
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I’ve never come across one where the freezer, floor and counter all are level at the same time
    And you won't. My point was that if the floor/walls/fridge are each so far out of level from each other that you can't rely on the floor or the exterior walls for proper leveling of the fridge then you have a shoddy build.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can find and according to my Digi-pas level 3* is 5/8" of slope per foot. Thats what Norcold recommends as max slope front to back which would be side to side when leveling an RV.
    Thats 1-1/4" on 2', or 5" in 8'. I can't imagine anyone setting up their RV that far out of level for normal use.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriroy View Post
    I just got the level mate pro getting ready to set it up in the instructions it says I should have the slide out for leveling set up cant I set up the app and leveling without the slide out
    Its odd that they state this since when setting up the level mate pro you simply level the trailer based on a level floor. Level is level whether the slide is out or not. What you can do is level with the slide in, set the memory on the level mate. Then move the slide out. At this time you will now have the offset that your extended slide will need to level that side. For instance when I begin leveling on a campsite, I will add in an additional 3/8 inch under the wheels of the slide out side. Once its extended, the trailer will be level since I had this offset memorized and already added it in.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m confused by a few of the comments, why not just set the level with the slide out since that’s how you’re camping? Seems counter productive to me to set the level with the slide in then open the slide, measure the difference & then adjust to that new level when setting up. I don’t own one yet so I’m just wondering why not set the level with the slide open as the directions state?
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I’m confused by a few of the comments, why not just set the level with the slide out since that’s how you’re camping? Seems counter productive to me to set the level with the slide in then open the slide, measure the difference & then adjust to that new level when setting up. I don’t own one yet so I’m just wondering why not set the level with the slide open as the directions state?
    The trailer will move a bit when you put the slides out. If you set level with slides out, then level with slides in at a camp site the trailer will lean a little when the slides are put out. What you want is for the LevelMate to have you adjust to the position that will be level when the slides go out.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

level mate pro

The fact that we can almost always level our trailer without even getting out of the truck (when we’re boondocking) is flat out amazing.

A Momentum or Solitude that cost 4 times what my Reflection costs can’t do that.

I simply look for a good spot that looks level then I move the trailer slightly and keep an eye on the app until I get green dots.

After I put the slide out and the trailer settles it might lean a quarter or even half an inch off one way, but you can’t tell inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-03-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    You can initially level the trailer with the slide out and then lock in the setting on the Level Mate Pro. Doing this will force you to extend the slide at camp when leveling where you will be crawling under the slide to adjust the height on that side. Its much easier to know the offset before hand. So knowing how much your rig will lean when the slide out allows you to add in this offset before the slide is extended at camp.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little fiddly but I spent a half hour in my driveway getting the trailer level with the slides out. This wasn't too hard using a laser level. Set up with stabilizers snug but not too much, run the slides out, take a shot from one side to the other with the self levelling laser and measure the difference. In my case that was 3/4 inch. Pulled the slides in, pulled up the stabilizers, backed the trailer up a few feet so I could place 3/4 inch blocks in exactly the same spot the wheels were in and pulled up on the blocks. Stabilizers down snug, ran the slides out and checked level. Bingo. Ran the slides back in, lifted the stabilizers and used this as the set point for level with the LMP. Now when I pull in to a site I throw down the Andersens, pull up onto them til I get green lights and chock the wheels. I use both chocks and X-Chocks. When I'm finished setting up my trailer is level with the slides out. Checked it a few times in the field with a level, it works.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ain't it wonderful! I loved my LM PRO when I had the trailer it was mounted in. I've often made the statement about LM Pro and Anderson levelers together is almost like cheating on a final exam. I left mine in the trailer I traded in when I bought my Momentum 394.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to help my brother install his level mate pro and was wondering where is the best place to mount it?

He has an Imagine 2910 Trailer.

Also does the Level Mate Pro have to be completely level on wall when you mount it?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast