User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian, Maybe we can learn something or maybe we can also voice the other side of the conversation. Just who made you God for the day?
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    You deleted my post. Please explain why. It was a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor. It was also how I live my life. A little bit of authority does not grant largesse. Also0, I am always ready to learn a little something.
    Maybe it didn’t add to the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    Thanks Brian, Maybe we can learn something or maybe we can also voice the other side of the conversation. Just who made you God for the day?
    This isn’t a thread to argue “another side”.
    If you don’t agree move on.
    As I said the thread was created to share information with like-minded people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just where was the argue part of the deleted posts? Is this an open forum or a private conversation?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Plant-based life

Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    And just where was the argue part of the deleted posts? Is this an open forum or a private conversation?
    It’s not Facebook so we don’t need people arguing period. Like I said if you disagree or don’t have anything to contribute what is the point of posting in this thread?

If I want to start a thread on Huffy bicycles and ask for others that love Huffy bicycles to share their info but someone posts comments about his Schwinn and how it’s a better bike, then that guy is just being a jerk.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-07-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, really. Sounds like you are pushing your thoughts and not wanting an open conversation. Where is the moderator now?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Plant-based life

I edited my original post so as not to upset anyone that doesn’t agree with the choices I’ve made in my diet in order to drastically improve my own health.

At any rate, this thread was posted so folks could share knowledge of healthy living with like-minded people.

If someone feels the need to argue and tell me why I’m wrong, I can’t stop you. I just don’t understand the type of personality that would want to.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-07-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just what is "vegan"? I have been reading a lot about it but can't seem to really tie it down other than no meat (what about fish) in the diet. My quick study indicates to me that the vast majority of folks do not stay on it for very long. I am most interested in the idea that we can/should eliminate processed foods.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Just what is "vegan"? I have been reading a lot about it but can't seem to really tie it down other than no meat (what about fish) in the diet. My quick study indicates to me that the vast majority of folks do not stay on it for very long. I am most interested in the idea that we can/should eliminate processed foods.
    I can't address the vegan question, but with regards to processed foods I suggest reading Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food". I don't often remember specific quotes from a book, but this one I haven't forgotten:

DON'T EAT ANYTHING YOUR GREAT GRANDMOTHER WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE AS FOOD

Why your great grandmother? Because at this point your mother and possibly even your grandmother is as confused as the rest of us; to be safe we need to go back at least a couple generations, to a time before the advent of most modern foods. So depending on your age (and your grandmother), you may need to go back to your great- or even great-great grandmother. Some nutritionists recommend going back even further. John Yudkin, a British nutritionist whose early alarms about the dangers of refined carbohydrates were overlooked in the 1960s and 1970s, once advised, "Just don't eat anything your Neolithic ancestors wouldn't have recognized and you'll be ok."
    -Michael Pollan, In Defense of Food, page 148
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not vegan but I have had gut issues for many years. I gave up dairy about 40 years ago but my problems kept getting worse. Finally about 18 months ago I gave up all gluten in my diet and my gut issues have reduced to almost non-existent.

So, do I get to post about dietary issues? Certainly giving up a lot of "grown" things have helped me, but if giving up animal matter helps other's diets and health...bravo. The point I'm making is that this thread can contain information not specifically aimed at veganism but also other diet related health issues makes sense to me as well. YMMV.

If this is a wrong conclusion, please feel free to delete this post.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast