User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to love gas stations. Two short storieis for you; first one went to a pump for fuel and it's a prepay, OK in the gal isides looks out the window see's the truck and says you are set. Get out and pump doesn't work, back inside, darn I put it on the wrong pump, give me a second. After what seemed like 10 minutes of trying to cancel I say what about if I just move over to the other pump, OH yea that will work.
    Next trip out; need fuel, another prepay. Go in, back out pump doesn't work back in, let me reset it and try again. That's when another gasl behind the counter says you on pump 12 yea well you need to take the nossle off 13 lay it on the ground then it will.
    Now being a old Fl.panhandle guy(redneck) i've done some dumb S..T in my time but this takes the cake. I bet the EPA would love to see this in operation.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randal L - I had the same problem once. Come to find out that I was at the passenger side pump for big rigs so I had to do the same as you, which was the driver side, as take the nozzle out of the pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An even better situation is pulling into the first empty fuel/gas pump (two in line) then while you fueling some jerk pulled in the opposite way (gas cap on the other side and of course someone pulled in behind him. Then you get ready to leave, waiting for the guy to finish fueling and your boxed in as another RV pulled in behind you. Turned into a stand off trying to get the two cars to back out so I could get out. Some people just don't get it. There was a pay back as the other RV behind me pulled through to the far island cutting off the other car. Having loud air horns helps in this situation as I had to bluff the second car to move. Not a happy camper in that situation.

Lesson learned - never use the first pump, pull to the far one.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been to one station with the fifth wheel behind me. It's a regular stop for us whenever we are headed to the Oregon Coast from home (Springfield, Oregon). The Leathers Station at the I-5 highway 34 interchange. It's on the Northeast corner of the interchange. The pumps parallel the highway. There are 2 rows of pumps with the diesel pumps in the middle of the rows. This station is b-20 and is the lowest price for maybe 200 miles. Many customers know this and will plan their route and fill up their saddle and / or extra large tanks. We might have to wait in the median of hwy 34, but so what.

This picture is from Gas Buddy. This info and Google street view will help me in the future, figure out my scheduled fuel stop.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    OK! . . . this is a rant .

On to the third try: This Pilot has one pump accessible with a trailer . . . the guy at the pump (with a Reflection no less) is just finishing, so I wait (with the tail of the trailer blocking access for everybody). He then gets his dog out of the trailer, leaves the rig at the pump and takes the dog for a walk. (There are signs at every pump directing customers to pull forward after fueling.)
    Good rant! The one above is a pet peeve... stunning to me that someone will block a lane at a busy station while they take sweet time doing other things.

My “pettest” peeve though is found at a large majority of stations: they advertise having diesel but don’t make ANY effort to identify which few of their pumps dispense it. You wouldn’t think they’d like having us lumbering around their pumps looking for it!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Texas we have a chain of Bucee's , and I saw one now on I-10 in Alabama. A few are converted truck stops , but most are new construction to their plan. Minimum 50 pumps on several acre lots. Usually have the best prices and no semis allowed.
    As a bonus the best facilities you'll ever find on the road and every snack known to man.
    I always check for locations on our route to plan stops at them if available.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed a difference of opinion of those who drive Reflections and Solitudes/Momentums.

I used to have a 37 foot Raptor. Now I have a 42 foot Momentum. Five foot of trailer difference doesn’t sound like a lot, but it does make a difference. Trust me there is a big difference in trying to find the stations that work for you when you are pulling the longer models.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    In Texas we have a chain of Bucee's , and I saw one now on I-10 in Alabama. A few are converted truck stops , but most are new construction to their plan. Minimum 50 pumps on several acre lots. Usually have the best prices and no semis allowed.
    As a bonus the best facilities you'll ever find on the road and every snack known to man.
    I always check for locations on our route to plan stops at them if available.
    I was thinking of Buc-ee's also, They are great but in some cases it is hard to get into the pumps depending on how the station is configured. The one here in Bastrop Texas has many diesel and DEF pumps on a separate island, it still can be kind of tight with our 38' Solitude. The only thing is there sometimes isn't a lot of room to park the RV after filling up and leaving the pump and the volume of car traffic at there stations can be hectic. The Buc-ee's off I45 Houston to Galveston is not too bad with a lot of room to park after filling up.

The Flying J and Pilot give Good Sam discounts. Yes sometimes you have make multiple visits inside to get your fuel pumped. Yes their diesel pump area can be nasty but there is always a lot of room to park afterward. I have found truck drivers pleasant as long as you follow the rules for refueling. I'll pay extra for refueling convenience while towing.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-08-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flying J @ exit 192 on I-10...stay away from the RV filling lanes! Stopped here yesterday and there was a major traffic jam as RV's blocked the entrance to the station. Saw the truck lanes (huge area to the left in the pic) AFTER I'd pulled into the RV lanes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horrible.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	19110
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pet peeve is that the four big truck stops are always 10 to 15 cent higher then a lot of the smaller station, in the area. I have to really low on fuel before I will stop at them normally. I agree with everyone about the people that park there vehicle in front of the pump the go in and do there shopping for 20 or 30 min. Another pet peeve is you have a bunch of gasoline pumps and one or two diesel pumps, and there is someone filling there vehicle with gasoline at the diesel pump, and three gas pumps are open, or they see you going for the diesel pump and they take before you get there. I am done.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast