User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I just read an article in the May 2019 issue of Trailer Life. It says if the injector pump (CP4.2) goes in your 2011 to 2016 GM or Ford (or 2014-2016 Dodge 1500 eco-diesel truck,
    expect to pay $8500 for repairs. Alternatively you can upgrade to a CP3 (which was standard in Gm 2001-2010 and Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L for about $3500. S&S also makes a conversion kit. 50 state Carb compliant. CP4 supports 525HP, CP3 supports 800HP, so if you do mods, this may be the way to go.
    OR, you can wait for the all new 2020 GM trucks which have a ten speed tranny and tow rating up to 35500 pounds..
    I read this article as well. The key on the Bosch CP4 is to not run out of fuel or severely low on fuel. Its important on any diesel to always pre fill replacement fuel filters when installing, as air ingestion is what causes the issues with the CP4. I would never install any aftermarket parts or a tune to an expensive diesel. Even something as simple as those low restriction air filters that tend to mess up mass air flow calculations. Algorithms today will detect when an ECU has been flashed, even if the exact calibration with part numbers is re-installed. Been in the new HD Duramax and it is outstanding. Even the Chevy HD (In High Country) looks good in real life.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 04-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had experience with the CP4 fuel pump and injector system. For as robust an engine as the Duramax the fuel injection system appears to be quite the sensitive little system. I put a FAAS fuel/air/water filter system along with up lift pump to protect that little sensitive pump. TWT if that was a good $1000 investment or so much hooey.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I have had experience with the CP4 fuel pump and injector system. For as robust an engine as the Duramax the fuel injection system appears to be quite the sensitive little system. I put a FAAS fuel/air/water filter system along with up lift pump to protect that little sensitive pump. TWT if that was a good $1000 investment or so much hooey.
    Dallas,

The uplift pump was a good move. Can't state anything about the aftermarket filter system but the lift pump should make up for any reduction in flow and it would not involve a calibration change. The CP4 pump is less robust to water and air than others such as the CP3 where you made the best choice.

Is your truck back from the shop?

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Dallas,

Is your truck back from the shop?

Jim
    Got it back last Friday. We headed up into Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA for a couple of days, off grid. We are in Mammoth Lakes, CA for a couple of days of skiing.

I got the FAAS pump put on so that all water and air are removed from the fuel. It's a noisy thing. I had injector trouble with my 2005 LLY I was trying prevent that in the 13 LML.
    Dallas

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Got it back last Friday. We headed up into Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA for a couple of days, off grid. We are in Mammoth Lakes, CA for a couple of days of skiing.

I got the FAAS pump put on so that all water and air are removed from the fuel. It's a noisy thing. I had injector trouble with my 2005 LLY I was trying prevent that in the 13 LML.
    Dallas,
    I'm not familiar in how this pump is mounted but to isolate it on a rubber mount may help.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Dallas,
    I'm not familiar in how this pump is mounted but to isolate it on a rubber mount may help.
    Jim
    It's mounted on the frame just below the fill cap. It has rubber bushings. Since I bought mine FAAS says they have come out with a "quiet" model. I am not drinking the coolaid on this one, it may be quieter, but that pump is just noisy. But if it saves me $10,000+ dollars on injector and fuel pump issues I will put up with the noise.
    Dallas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234