User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What size generator is needed for 2019 Reflection 337RLS

Hi all. I’m looking to buy a generator for my 2019 GD Reflection 337RLS. I currently have one AC unit and no other upgraded equipment. I found a Firman dual fuel with 4550 starting watts/3650 running watts on gas and 4100 starting watts/3300 running watts on propane. Thoughts on if this would work. Hoping someone can spare me the pain of trying to calculate the watts needed. I could try but honestly I’m terrible at that and would hate to be an underachiever. Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide a little more information about what you want out of the generator like, Do you want a dual fuel type? Do you want ease of portability? Do you want the ability to run the entire unit? How quiet? How much you willing to spend?

All kinds of manufacturers out there. Most here seem to prefer Honda. Many like using dual Honda 2000W or 2200W units. Many here also like Champion dual fuel. I'm in the minority and use a Harbor Freight Predator 3500W unit. It's been flawless so far. Ran mostly in temps below zero. It's been a quiet, reliable and low cost unit. I can run the AC and many other things at the same time. I pushed it once by running AC, the fireplace and the microwave all at once. It said it was starting to overload but it kept running. Anything over 3000W will easily handle the load. It usually comes down to brand preference or affordability to most.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I would use is an inverter generator. The engine only runs as hard as needed to produce the electricity load for the moment. They're much quieter and efficient too. Honda and Yamaha generators are inverters usually.

The Predator units from Harbor Freight are getting good remarks online. And I hear great things about the Champion 3100 unit--good for 1 a/c unit. You can get one with electric start for under $1k online. They're much less than half the cost of Honda/Yamaha generators.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. I’d like to run the one AC and a couple lights and TV . I’ve looked at the champions and Predators but was afraid they might be too loud. Good to know that’s not necessarily the case. I’m not sold on the dual fuel-it’s not a determining factor for me. I want something reliable and under 150 lbs. I don’t want spend an exorbitant amount of $$ either but obviously you get what you pay for. I’m going to check a couple generators today and will let you know what I’ve decoded. Again-thanks for the info! Happy trails!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Predator on sale for $650. It weighs about 100 lbs. It has electric start. I really was considering going with dual Hondas but I (my dear wife) couldn't justify the cost. I considered other brands as well but I read a lot of reviews and watched videos about the Predator so I took a chance on it. I've used it mostly during the winter for powering an ice fish house. Ran great in -27F weather. Never skipped a beat. My family also owns Honda generators. I did a sound comparison between them. In full disclosure, I tested my 3500W Predator against a 2000W Honda. Both inverter style generators. I used a sound meter app on my phone to measure sound. The Predator was slightly quieter. That may be expected due to being different size units. But for me and my experience that's proof enough. I have not been disappointed. The only thing is that I can't speak to long term reliability of the Predator. I have about 200 hours on mine.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Yamaha that we bought about 13 years ago. It's been used hard and still runs great. That being said, I recently bought dual westinghouse 2500 watt for the smaller size and lighter weight. Less than 50lbs each and hooked together does 5000 watts. One will run our a/c with no problems. Haven't tried running both together to see if they will run both a/c's.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at purchasing our first generator and we have decided on the dual fuel as well. Champion keeps coming up as our first choice. We are looking at the 3400-watt dual fuel inverter generator. We are also going to install a soft start by “micro-air” on our air conditioner. Looked at a lot of reviews and we are sold on the champion. We also looked at the predator but prefer to use propane. We have found Costco to be the cheapest.
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the prices at ACME tools. I purchased my Champion from them (along with alot of other tools) and they were always the cheapest and also free shipping. Very good customer service also.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    Check out the prices at ACME tools.
    Isn't that the place the wiley coyote got all his stuff to catch the roadrunner?? I have the onboard 5500watt Onan propane generator and love it. I also still have a Honda 3000 gas generator that is a sweetheart, won't run both 15K ac's like the Onan but sure sips gas. To the OP I hope whatever you decide on works out well for you, having generator power sure is handy!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Txfivver - It is in fact the same place, they carry alot of stuff. That is one sweet looking TV in your picture. I'm considering the same truck when we go full time this summer. Must be a dream to tow with, boomer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast