User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fort Wilderness in November

My wife and I are trying to plan a trip with family members to Fort Wilderness for November 2021 during the 50th anniversary of Disney World.

We are thinking the 3rd week in November which is the week before Thanksgiving.
    For those that have gone to Disney in November I have 2 questions.

1. If I call 499 days prior like your allowed is it difficult to get reservation for November?

2. For those that go to the parks is the crowd low or is it still crowded because it a week before the holiday?

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    My wife and I are trying to plan a trip with family members to Fort Wilderness for November 2021 during the 50th anniversary of Disney World.

We are thinking the 3rd week in November which is the week before Thanksgiving.
    For those that have gone to Disney in November I have 2 questions.

1. If I call 499 days prior like your allowed is it difficult to get reservation for November?

2. For those that go to the parks is the crowd low or is it still crowded because it a week before the holiday?

Thanks.
    IF calling 499 days out, you should not have a problem making a reservation. I will say the closer the date you wish to stay approaches, say 450 days you may have problems, so hitting as close to the 499th day is the way to go.

We typically stay Mid October to Mid November and that second week of November is one of our favorite times there, campground will be at or near capacity, but parks will be moderate. The week leading up to Halloween is crazy, but there seems to be a bit of a lull right after Halloween that continues up into the week before Thanksgiving. You will see the first half of the 3rd week kind of slow and start getting real busy about mid week. Same with December, the 2nd week of December has been a nice time for us to be there as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TENN22 Are there Christmas decorations up the second week of November in the campground?
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    @TENN22 Are there Christmas decorations up the second week of November in the campground?
    If you mean the site decorations, yes most people switch from Halloween straight to Christmas decorations.
    The parks will be fully decorated for Christmas usually by November 4th or 5th.