User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Of course this video comes out the day I ordered four lol.
    I feel pretty good for the price I paid, but still seems a little deceptive.
    Then Battle Born is deceptive as well since they advertise 1200wh but Will did a video comparison with one of their batteries and he got 1156wh.
    At any rate, the fact remains, the Lion batteries are still less expensive per watt-hour than a Battle Born.
    They're physically smaller and dramatically lighter (2/3 the weight of a BB) so they're still a viable option in my opinion.
    He also pointed out several impressive features including a massive 150a discharge rate, which is higher than a Battle Born is capable of.
    I like the built-in handles and battery monitor right on the case which would be great in a van or an installation where you don't want to install (or pay for) a remote display to check SoC.
    If I end up going with a different camper in the near future, I'd still go with 5 of the Lions since they'll fit into the same space as 4 BB's and still weigh less.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look interesting, but not cheaper/lighter enough for me to not go with the tried and true BattleBorns at this point. Also unproven in the wild currently.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Then Battle Born is deceptive as well since they advertise 1200wh but Will did a video comparison with one of their batteries and he got 1156wh.
    At any rate, the fact remains, the Lion batteries are still less expensive per watt-hour than a Battle Born.
    They're physically smaller and dramatically lighter (2/3 the weight of a BB) so they're still a viable option in my opinion.
    He also pointed out several impressive features including a massive 150a discharge rate, which is higher than a Battle Born is capable of.
    I like the built-in handles and battery monitor right on the case which would be great in a van or an installation where you don't want to install (or pay for) a remote display to check SoC.
    If I end up going with a different camper in the near future, I'd still go with 5 of the Lions since they'll fit into the same space as 4 BB's and still weigh less.
    I agree with all of this, I just wish they'd advertise it for what it is.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s fair to say that Battleborn’s loss of 44wh (1200 advertised vs 1156 test) can be put on heat loss from the large continuous current draw. Obviously this can be put on the Lion battery too but that does not account for a 200wh loss. These days I’m siding toward North American built. I’m sure a lot of Battleborns components may be made in China but at least they are assembled and tested on this continent. I just don’t trust these Chinese companies anymore, experience has shown a lack of caring or integrity with them. I have no vested interest in Battleborn I just simply chose them as you get what was advertised and they are brick and mortar, not overseas. I will not support lying companies that advertise 100ah yet inside they only have 90ah. 10% off advertised capacity is an insult.
    Last edited by bcdiesel; 07-16-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link. We were waiting for Will to do a review. We ended up going with Battle Born last week after much deliberation. Lion was a super close 2nd (and we could have got 1 more) but we were hesitant on various factors including the prismatic construction, the untested nature of the battery itself, and how reliable the 3500 cycle counter would be. Maybe when we are looking to get more batteries at a later stage.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re running A 12 volt system then?

Also, the renogy is $719 for a purported 100ah battery.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Half Ton View Post
    You’re running A 12 volt system then?

Also, the renogy is $719 for a purported 100ah battery.
    Someone should probably test that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone should probably test that one as well.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/gOqQp2Xjr6U. At 3:26 for Renogy.

No capacity test but interestingly no series allowed. Stuck with 12v.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Your RV got some of the LION batteries for review and he has been working through them. He posted a video yesterday with a Q&A and mentioned that they were in the process of rebranding them as 90ah batteries. Sucks they did not do this from the beginning, but I have to give them credit if they correct it going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8FjrIuavE
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345