User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Levelling jack failure

We have a 2015 GD Solitude 320X and I have been having trouble levelling the trailer. We took it out for our first trip and I had a few problems along the way. My water controller failed and would not stop pumping overflowing my fresh tank and the pump would not stop running. I worked with GD tech who was awesome and helped me figure it out. I ordered a new part and installed it when I received it solving the problem.
    Raising the front of the trailer on a four point system I'm getting a message that says RF jack failure. I tried everything to deploy the RF jack without any luck. I can hear something turning inside the jack housing but it doesn't raise. I used my trucks jack to help me get the trailer off the truck and leveled in the place I store it. I checked and I have hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic pump container so I should be ok there. I think whatever is turning inside the jack is not engaging and just spinning. Has anyone seen this problem before and know how to repair it? Thanks in advance for any help with this. Prior to that I I had only one time that it worked as designed and leveled without a problem but every other time I would have to fight with it to get it set up. Either "too much angle" or a message that said something like "out of alinement?" Overall it was a pain each time I was unloading it or picking it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have the hydraulic leveling but will share how I level.
    I use boards , some use plastic blocks or such, to level the trailer side to side. Then we drop the extensions on the from jacks to about 6 holes showing. If I think I will need blocks on the front and or rear to make sure I do not run out of stroke I will add them then. Then after chocking the wheels I extend the front jacks to un-hook from truck. On our Reflection it needs to be front end high before I hit the auto level button. You unit , being hydraulic , should just have hydraulic pistons and no gear motors , so you should not here any turning noises. There may be a problem with the hydraulic cylinder for that jack position.

Brian

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 320X does not use hydraulics for leveling.

The X series was the early version of the newer S series, and used electric levelers.

Sounds like you may have a broken shear pin or gear in the jack itself.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The 320X does not use hydraulics for leveling.

The X series was the early version of the newer S series, and used electric levelers.

Sounds like you may have a broken shear pin or gear in the jack itself.
    Interesting, how is he checking the hydraulic fluid level then?

Brian

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
    Most likely it has hydraulic slides for the main slides. On mine, the hydraulic system is one unit and takes care of both the slides and the leveling
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that my slides are hydraulic except for the headboard slide but I'm not sure how to confirm if my Jack's are hydraulic or electric? I have the trailer in storage right now but I'll check the Jack's out next time I see it to see if they have hydraulic lines to them or electrical wiring. That should answer that question. Now if they are electric jacks I probably have a problem with a gear or shear pin and if they are hydraulic I'll need to use blocks? Only if I can get the RF jack to move again. Thanks guys. I'll get this figured out and repaired and ready for the road soon.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
    The X series used hydraulics for the main slide.

An easy way to tell on the landing gear is if they are square tubes with the adjustable inner legs, they are electric.

I've never seen an X series Solitude with hydraulic leveling.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptownhunter View Post
    I know that my slides are hydraulic except for the headboard slide but I'm not sure how to confirm if my Jack's are hydraulic or electric? I have the trailer in storage right now but I'll check the Jack's out next time I see it to see if they have hydraulic lines to them or electrical wiring. That should answer that question. Now if they are electric jacks I probably have a problem with a gear or shear pin and if they are hydraulic I'll need to use blocks? Only if I can get the RF jack to move again. Thanks guys. I'll get this figured out and repaired and ready for the road soon.
    As huntr70 said, if the jack legs are square tubes and have a pin at the bottom to extend/retract the inner tube (with holes), they are electric jacks. The motor will be on the top of each jack. If they are round tubes with no adjustment pin on the bottom and hoses attached, they are hydraulic jacks. On my Solitude (2018 310GK) I can clearly see the jacks if I open the propane compartments. Here is a picture of my hydraulic front jack just in front (to the right) of the propane tank. Notice the orange and black hoses and round cylinder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9033.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	19184

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I do. Mine are definitely not hydraulic. My Jack's have a black box (motor) sitting on top. When trying to extend the jack I can hear and feel it turning inside but it doesn't move. I'll have to get into it and see what's broken inside. It feels like the problem is just below the motor probably at the connection point between the motor and the jack connection point. I will get a GD Solitude manual if I can to get up to speed on this rig. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptownhunter View Post
    Yes I do. Mine are definitely not hydraulic. My Jack's have a black box (motor) sitting on top. When trying to extend the jack I can hear and feel it turning inside but it doesn't move. I'll have to get into it and see what's broken inside. It feels like the problem is just below the motor probably at the connection point between the motor and the jack connection point. I will get a GD Solitude manual if I can to get up to speed on this rig. Thanks for the help.
    That sounds like a good plan of attack. Hopefully, it's something fairly simple like a shear pin and not the gearing stripped out or ???
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast